Skip navigation
Lila549
Currently Being Moderated

Application Components Missing

Oct 18, 2013 12:46 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a new Mac Mini, and copied all my computer data and applications from my MacBook Pro onto it. Since the Creative Suite (CS6) wasn't working on the new computer, I re-installed it (downloaded from the Adobe website).

Here's the problem:  When I try to open Photoshop by double clicking on a file icon (such as a .jpg), I get this message:  "Some of the application components are missing from the application directory, Please reinstall the application." So - I uninstalled and then reinstalled everything, but it still doesn't work. Also another icon appears in the Dock on the far right.

If I launch Photoshop first, and then open files from within the application, the files open without a problem. But I'd rather not have to do this all the time.

With InDesign and Illustrator, another icon appears in the dock  as well when I double-click on a file - but I don't get the message and can access the file with no problem.

Can anyone help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to Lila549

That sounds like a generic error, so it might be coming from some third party plugins that are missing dependencies.

And if you can open the application, but double clicking fails - that means that the OS is trying to launch a different copy when you double click, and that copy may have problems. (I know that sometimes MacOS tries to launch apps that are in the trash can...)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points