Skip navigation
Manniac
Currently Being Moderated

Performance issues with Motion (position, scale, rotate) and GTX 590

Oct 18, 2013 2:46 PM

I'm experiencing performance issues with my Premiere Pro CC when I scale, position or rotate a clip in the program monitor.

I have no performance issues with playback! It's only, when i move something with the mouse or by changing the x,y-values of Position in the Motion-Dialog in video effects.

Premiere then lags terribly and updates the program monitor only about once per second - this makes it very difficult and cumbersome to work and position things.

On a second Premiere installation on my laptop, performance is fine and fluid - allthough it doesn't have GPU support and is a much slower computer.

I'm pretty sure this has somehow to do with my graphic card, which is a Nvidia GTX 590.

I was told by the support, that it is actually a dual graphic card, which is not supported/liked by Premiere.

The thing is, until the latest Premiere update, I did not have performance issues at all with this card.

I also read on the forum that others with the GTX 590 did not experience any problems with it

So where does this come from?

There is no change in performance whether or not I activate Mercury Playback Engine GPU acceleration.

I also tried deactivating one of the 2 gpus, but there also was no change.

Does anyone else know this problem and has anyone a solution?

I'm running Premiere CC on a Win 7 64bit engine, Nvidia GTX 590, latest driver (of today),

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2013 11:33 PM   in reply to Manniac

Hi Manniac,

You should experience much better performance in the coming release. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Manniac

What processor and speed and how much RAM?  What is your hard drive setup?

I had this problem with an underpowered system.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2014 8:12 AM   in reply to petergaraway

I am suffering from the same phenomenon since I updated just before christmas, I think.

I am hardly able to do scaling, rotating and translating in the program monitor itslef - whil motion has been highlighted in teh effect controls.

In the effect controls I can scale, rotate etc however.

Also I have noticed there is a yellow box with handles in teh program monitor. I remember it was white before.

I cannot figure out what to change in my preferences. What has happened?

best,

Hans Wessels

Premiere CC

Mac Pro OSX 10.7.5

16 GB 1066 MHz DD3

2 X NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status