Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC suddenly has started crashing

Oct 18, 2013 6:52 PM

I've been using PP CC since it became available and earlier versions for years before that.  A new problem has arisen that is very serious.  The symptom is that the program stops working and a Windows message appears saying "Adobe Premier Pro CC has stopped working."  I have been able to come up with a reproducible scenario that causes the result.

I deal with fairly long video files (about an hour) all in AVCHD format from three cameras.  Normally I put the three camera's footage on a single timeline, synchronize them (the old way by looking at the audio), copy this timeline to a second timeline that I then set the multicam attribute on.  Then I do a multi-cam edit.  Once I've done this, I copy the resulting timeline with all the camera switches to a third timeline.  When this timeline displays, no audio is visible (which I can live with) but when I zoom out (via the \ key) the program dies, every time.

I've done quite a bit of research and figured out the following:

1.  It does it every time now, with brand new projects with different incoming video files.

2.  It did not occur with CC as recently as a month ago.

3.  I can open one of those projects from a month ago and the projects seem OK.  I can copy one of these previously edited multicam sequences to a new sequence fine.  But if I create a new multicam edited sequence withing the project and copy it to a new timeline it crashes.

4.  Doing the same edit steps in CS5 still works fine.  I haven't tried to reproduce it in CS6.

I haven't done anything to my system between when it worked and when it started failing two days ago.  I recall that Microsoft sent out some updates and there may have been Adobe updates which I don't recall.

Since this  started happening I went to nVidia and installed the latest graphics drivers with no improvement. 

My system specifics are:

Intel I7-920

ASUS P6X58D

18 GB memory

nVidia GeForce GTX 470 (Driver latest version 9.13.13.2723)

Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601, Service Pack 1

The Windows error log describes each of the failures as follows:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cbdef8

Faulting module name: Backend.dll, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cbdbd4

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x000000000029208e

Faulting process id: 0x2578

Faulting application start time: 0x01cecc5c41a61c71

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Backend.dll

Report Id: a8c6bdcd-384f-11e3-92a1-e0cb4e600447

This is a very serious problem for me.  If there is a better way to report this problem to Adobe, please let me know.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to Bill MI

I don't know the cause, but as a 'solution' I'd recommend skipping that third sequence.  Just use the cuts in their original sequence.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points