I've been using PP CC since it became available and earlier versions for years before that. A new problem has arisen that is very serious. The symptom is that the program stops working and a Windows message appears saying "Adobe Premier Pro CC has stopped working." I have been able to come up with a reproducible scenario that causes the result.
I deal with fairly long video files (about an hour) all in AVCHD format from three cameras. Normally I put the three camera's footage on a single timeline, synchronize them (the old way by looking at the audio), copy this timeline to a second timeline that I then set the multicam attribute on. Then I do a multi-cam edit. Once I've done this, I copy the resulting timeline with all the camera switches to a third timeline. When this timeline displays, no audio is visible (which I can live with) but when I zoom out (via the \ key) the program dies, every time.
I've done quite a bit of research and figured out the following:
1. It does it every time now, with brand new projects with different incoming video files.
2. It did not occur with CC as recently as a month ago.
3. I can open one of those projects from a month ago and the projects seem OK. I can copy one of these previously edited multicam sequences to a new sequence fine. But if I create a new multicam edited sequence withing the project and copy it to a new timeline it crashes.
4. Doing the same edit steps in CS5 still works fine. I haven't tried to reproduce it in CS6.
I haven't done anything to my system between when it worked and when it started failing two days ago. I recall that Microsoft sent out some updates and there may have been Adobe updates which I don't recall.
Since this started happening I went to nVidia and installed the latest graphics drivers with no improvement.
My system specifics are:
18 GB memory
nVidia GeForce GTX 470 (Driver latest version 188.8.131.5223)
Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601, Service Pack 1
The Windows error log describes each of the failures as follows:
Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 184.108.40.206, time stamp: 0x51cbdef8
Faulting module name: Backend.dll, version: 220.127.116.11, time stamp: 0x51cbdbd4
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x000000000029208e
Faulting process id: 0x2578
Faulting application start time: 0x01cecc5c41a61c71
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Backend.dll
Report Id: a8c6bdcd-384f-11e3-92a1-e0cb4e600447
This is a very serious problem for me. If there is a better way to report this problem to Adobe, please let me know.
I don't think skipping the third sequence works for me. I'm usually editing long performance pieces with multiple hour long multicam sequences that need to be put together in a composite, either showing the full concert or just highlights. Once I get an act edited I like to work with it as a single entity, combining it with other acts.
Incidentally, I just checked out my scenario on CS6 and it works fine, just like CS5.
I think I've found my answer. The problem occurred because I was creating the multicam stacked sequence the CS5/6 way. If I use the CC way with the "Create multi-cam source sequence" method, the resulting edit can be copied. I think there's still some bug but as long as I do the multicam edit the "new way" I should be OK. I had tried the new way before and had problems but I think I can live with them. Especially now that I can tweak the audio-based synchronization to allow for time delay to the various cameras.