Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound : How to do time stretching

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for an algorithm allowing me to change the speed of a mp3 file without affecting its pitch (time stretching).

I already looked at some librairires like SoundTouch, but I don't manage to understand how it's done.

The purpose of that is to mix 2 songs like a DJ, so I not only need to have my songs at the same tempo (what I manage to do with SoundTouch), but also to launch my second song at the exact time I want (what I don't manage to do with SoundTouch ...).

Thanks for your help !

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too familiar with SoundTouch but you should be able to get the position of a sound before/after applying your effects

as shown here:

https://github.com/also/soundtouch-as3/blob/master/examples/player/SimplePlayer.as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've already seen that, and unfortunately, after reading the source code of SoundTouch, it's much more complicated than that ...

By the way, a good time stretching algorithm would be very appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should do that outside of flash.  Do all sound editing outside of flash and just play the sounds in flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines