Skip navigation
bhoomata
Currently Being Moderated

How can i cut the image from the sound in the same shooting.

Oct 19, 2013 12:31 PM

Hi

I am using premiere elements 11. how can i cut the image from the sound in one shooting?

I would like to for exemple use the sound and place another image on it.

many thanks

Martine

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to bhoomata

Martine

If you want to separate the video from the audio, you can do several things...

a. Right click the video on the Timeline and select Unlink Audio and Video

b. Right click the video on the Timeline and select Delete Audio which will leave you with the Video.

c. Right click the video on the Timeline and select Delete Video which will leave you with the Audio.

Also in the Publish+Share/ area look for "Export Audio" and "Export Video" options in the Export Settings of the Advanced

Button/Video Tab of the preset selected. You can check one or the other to get the wanted result.

Please review and then let us know if I have target your question and interpreted it correctly.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to bhoomata

If you want to edit out (replace the original video with a frame of your choice of) only some part of the video track, you can cut the area of interest and then do what ATR has suggested.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:00 AM   in reply to bhoomata

One can also Alt+click on just the Audio, or just the Video, to edit those separately - Cutting them, Deleting one, or the other, etc.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

I have found that the Alt click is OK if you do not move the unlinked video and audio portions apart.

When you do the "offset" numbers set in. In which case, if you delete one, you delete both. Have you

found otherwise?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I have found no issues with Alt+click, but must do something different than you do?

It is a temporary unlinking, which can be a good thing. When editing ONLY Video, or Audio, I find it very useful. Sorry that you do not.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

I did not say that this Alt+Click was not useful in some instances. Exception(s) being as mentioned in my post 4.

One of the nice features of Alt+Click to unlink audio and video was the associated feature of Sync Linked Clips which has not work now for several versions.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

The Alt+click does show the Offset, but by using it, I can independently edit the Audio (or Video), irrespective of the other Stream, and can Delete one, without affecting the other. I can Trim, or Cut either at will, again with no effect on the other Stream. This was with PrE 11, and as I have not yet installed my PrE 12 yet, cannot comment on any changes in that program version. Are your observations in PrE 12? If so, then Adobe might have made a change, though it would seem odd (to me, at least), if they altered this behavior, since it has been around for a long time.

Now, as the Alt+click is temporary, one must keep using it, to independently edit one Stream. I like the temporary aspect, as I then do not need to remember to Relink the Streams, as I do, with Unlink from the Toolbar. However, if one is not used to that temporary aspect, I can see where it could be a hinderance to them. My workflow is set to the Alt+click method, so I never really notice it. It's the same in PrPro, so it's just something that I have become used to over the years.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

One of the nice features of Alt+Click to unlink audio and video was the associated feature of Sync Linked Clips which has not work now for several versions.

I have not tried to use the Sync Linked Clips "feature," so cannot comment on that. I will look into that in PrE 11, and then hopefully remember to test in PrE 12, when I get it installed.

Thanks for pointing that out,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points