Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to write 2 different project on one blu ray disc?

Oct 20, 2013 4:49 AM

I have about 23 Gb project of stills photos and still cameras video clips. But I also have some additional footage on hd from an hd  video camera.

My blu ray disc are all 50 gb and I wonder if I could  add a second project to the disc and how to go about it, as well as if it is possible how I'll create menu/s to get it working.

I posed the question in quite a few places but it does not return any relevant answer.

I have not worked with blu ray before but since the writers are much cheaper it became affordable for me and I got an external usb Samsung writer.

Window 7 recognises it but Encore (CS 4) does not -  anyway I found out it's probably better to use the "folder" option than the disc. I have created a rewritable BD using the image (iso) option with "imgburn". and although it stopped at 75% I was surprised that the BD plays with the complete project and no problem! (my rewritable is only 25Gb) so I can't experiment with with these particular projects.)     Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2013 6:09 AM   in reply to Michelmnr

You can't put 2 true "projects" on one disk. How would the player know which one to open? It looks for the BD folder structure.

But use a top menu with 2 options: project 1 and project 2. Then just link the project 1 main menu to that button.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to Michelmnr

Ha, ha! Yes, there is no import option. You would have to create the 2 projects in one. In trying to find a workaround, I was suggesting making one project that would be divided into two sections.

if I add my hd (h .264)video clips to my non hd timeline

You keep separate timelines. You can connect them with playlists.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 7:28 AM   in reply to Michelmnr

I output the encoding to a folder and followed the imgburn well detailled instruction to burn to a folder, 

That sounds like you burned a data disk with folder and files on it rather than a Bluray disk. I'll try to look later, but just back in town and may not catch up.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to Michelmnr

Your method in imgburn was correct.

What do you see at the root of the disk when you look at it in Windows Explorer?

You should see two folders: BDMV and CERTIFICATE.

And to confirm; in Encore you set your project type to BD, in the build  panel, chose BD as the format, output as BD folder, and set the size to 50Gg dual layer?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 5:02 AM   in reply to Michelmnr

I hope that was it and it is all smooth sailing now!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points