Skip navigation
Mary Bernard
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge stacks

Oct 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Can I copy Bridge stacks to a folder in another computer (also running CS6)?

Thanks

Mary

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 20, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to Mary Bernard

Not likely, copy or move stacks to a different folder is already losing the stacks (useful as they can be there is much room for improvement regarding stacks…)

Best way to keep them sorted in an easy way is to apply a keyword to all the files in a stack, using different keywords you can easily restack the lot on the new computer using the keyword filter.

When using Raw be sure to also copy the XMP side car files with it

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to Mary Bernard

Yes you can, the information is kept in the hidden file .BridgeSort (same file as manual sort information) in the selected folder, so all you need to do is copy this file along with your other files. You might have to re-start Bridge for it to read the file though.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 20, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to Philip Cord

the information is kept in the hidden file .BridgeSort (same file as manual sort information) in the selected folder, so all you need to do is copy this file along with your other files.

Thanks Philip, did not know this, normal copy of one stack to an other folder is just losing the current stack. I'm not sure copy of the sort file will also work in copying just 1 stack to another folder scenario because this will replace the sort file in the other folder.

Any knowledge or comment on the 1 stack to other folder scenario?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Just had a quick test and yes it does work on just one set of stack files. The .BridgeSort will be updated by the system.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 20, 2013 11:55 PM   in reply to Philip Cord

Indeed, but sadly enough it is causing an other problem, by replacing the BridgeSort file the stacks already present in the folder you are copying to are getting lost…

So for the case of the OP it has been a wonderful solution, moving stacks to other folders is still a problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Ah yes, I think it might be doable with a script, but that is beyond me.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 21, 2013 1:03 AM   in reply to Philip Cord

Ah yes, I think it might be doable with a script, but that is beyond me.

Also beyond me and to be frankly, it seems also beyond Adobe because the problem has been addressed long time ago and still not fixed…

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 2:20 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Hi Omke, I sent an email to Paul asking if it was possible to move/copy a stack via a script and just got a reply that he has added these scripts for download on his site in the Bridge section, and thought you might be able to make use of them.

http://www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk.net/

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Oct 24, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to Philip Cord

Hi Philip

Nice to hear from Paul again!, did you ask if he is planning to come back despite his thoughts about Adobe CC?, he was also a regular in this forum, and always nice and very helpful

I already downloaded the script and give it a try. Thanks for pointing to Paul his script!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

No, there was no mention of him returning to the forums, but he was very helpful and answered all my questions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points