Skip navigation
Sialis
Currently Being Moderated

Where are all the menu templates?

Oct 20, 2013 9:25 AM

Tags: #video #premiere_elements_10

I want to try and use a Menu at the start of a project that i have just finished but the version of Premiere Elements 10 that I loaded on my computer only has 1 un-attractive template.  I understand there should be a selection to chose from, but where are they and how do I access them?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Sialis

This says version 11, but I think the process is the same http://forums.adobe.com/message/5369141#5369141

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Sialis

Welcome to the forum.

The Menus (part of the Additional Functional Content, or AFC), is a separate installation, from either a disc in the physical media pack, or as a separate download and install, from the downloaded version. Did you install that AFC material?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to Sialis

Sialis

If you do not have a Content installation disc for your Premiere Elements 10, then you are going to download the Content for that

version from Adobe.

I have just gone through the details on that matter in a recent post here and have also written up the details in a blog post.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/10/pe-7-8-910-content-download.htm l

Please review the blog post. If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written.

If you do have a Content installation from a boxed purchase, that is the best and most convenient scenario. If so, look for the disc that specifically is labelled Content for your version and operating system.

Please update us on your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to Sialis

Sialis

If you purchased Photoshop Elements 10 bundled with Premiere Elements 10, then you have 5 installations discs.

We seem to agree on that. But, after that, I am not sure what you are looking at, especially when you write:

I have looked at each of the

discs and the information supplied with them, but there is nothing to

indicate which disc might contain the AFC, nor how to obtain this material

from any other source.

Look for the word CONTENT on disc 4 and 5 discs, not Hunt's designation AFC.

Disc 1 of 5

Disc 2 of 5

Disc 3 of 5

Disc 4 of 5 - If Premiere Elements 10 is on Windows, then you use this disc to install CONTENT

Disc 5 of 5 - If Premiere Elements 10 is on Mac, then you use this disc to install CONTENT.

CONTENT includes Premiere Elements 10 content for Instant Movie, DVD Templates, etc.

That CONTENT that you will be installing from the disc is the same as you would get from Adobe online

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 1

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 2

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Content 3

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 1

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 2

Adobe Premiere Elements 10 HD Content 3

Explore the CONTENT installation disc to prove it to yourself.

To install Premiere Elements 10 Content from the right disc, you insert the disc in the tray of the DVD burner and follow the AutoPlay of the disc and follow the instructions.

If you no longer have the disc, then check out the instructions for installation of CONTENT from Adobe via the link given.

Please let us know if you are now clear on the above.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Did you read my how to in post 3 of this thread?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to Sialis

Sialis

I thought that this screenshot of the Premiere Elements 10 Windows Content disc might help.

Disc-1.jpg

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 3:45 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

Thank you for that screen-shot of the AFC disc for PrE 10. That should solve the problem.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

It may be your designation AFC that is confusing the user who is looking for a AFC, instead of CONTENT, on the CONTENT installation disc.

But, let us not take anything for granted. Let us see how the details play out.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 5:56 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Well, that is why I identified it, in the first reply as "Additional Functional Content, " Adobe's term for it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

I have been involved with many versions of Premiere Elements  going back to Premiere Elements 2 and I have never heard Premiere Elements Content referred to as "additional functional content". So, if Adobe has been using that term to describe Premiere Elements Content, I guess I may have missed it in all these years. Rather, I suspect that the term is used in Premiere Pro circles, and there I am not sure what that AFC would represent...Instant Movie Themes, DVD Templates, Titles & Text, Music, other?

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

I smiled thinking about this. If Adobe has opted to call Content for these Pro products Additional Functional Content, is that meant to imply that it offers a bunch of Additional Nonfunctional Content as well?

We both have covered the different nuances in the naming of what is being sought, and where to find Premiere Elements Content has been elaborated on in great detail. So, looking forward to update from Sialis that Premiere Elements 10 Content was found and is being used, hopefully functionally.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 8:36 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

That term, "Additional Functional Content," has been used by Adobe, since Premiere (precursor of PrPro) 6.0, and then Adobe Encore, as of version 1.0. Not sure how you have missed it, all those years?

The Additional Functional Content has been Menus and Titles, that are not installed with the programs.

Until PrPro CS 3, PrPro could also do about the same authoring, that is still available in PrE. As of PrPro CS 3, that Additional Functional Content was included with Adobe Encore, which was included with PrPro, as of CS 3.

The term has been around for more than ten years now.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 9:02 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Your reply seems to prove what I suspected.

There is not a single Premiere Elements mention in your explanation of Additional Functional Content and its origins - all references to Pro products. Can you point me to one Premiere Elements article which describes its Content as Additional Functional Content? If you can, I apologize for missing those articles. Whether or not Pro and Elements versions have any similarities is neither here nor there in this instance of pointing a Premiere Elements user to a named Premiere Elements feature. But, I have no more to add. My post 10 has the essentials of what I have been trying to point out to you.

We await good news from Sialis.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to Sialis

Sialis

Thank you for the follow up with the good news that you had Premiere Elements 10 Content disc 4 (labelled "4 of 5") and were able to use that to install the Premiere Elements 10 Windows Content.

Let me further clarify the point that you made about the disc that you describe as "Disc 5". That disc does

not apply to you so you do not use it at all. That "Disc 5" (labelled "5 of 5") is for the Mac Premiere Elements 10 user

which you are not. Note the markings on the disc 5 of 5 as shown in the screenshot below:

Disc5-1.jpg

Although Adobe supplies 5 discs with the bundled Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10, they are not ALL to be used by a given user. There are certain ones for the Windows user and certain ones for the Mac user. You need to check out the markings on the discs. If I recall

Disc 1 of 5 is for Windows other than Windows 7 64 bit

Disc 2 of 5 is for Windows 7 64 bit

Disc 3 of 5 is for Mac

Disc 4  of 5 is for Windows CONTENT

Disc 5 of 5 is for Mac CONTENT

So, if you have Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit your only focus should be on disc 2 and 4.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written. For now, we check out the disc menu customization that you can do within the program at the level of the Disc Menus section of Premiere Elements 10.

Explore and experiment. We are here if you need any help after you explore and experiment with the disc menus.

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I am going with the exact terms used for many years by Adobe, the makers of the software. I see that Adobe is still using that term as of CS 6: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1229875 In the Reply #1 with a reprint from the one-line manual, the word "additional" has been omitted here, but "functional content" is prominently displayed. As there is a limited set of "functional content" installed, whether PrPro, AE, Encore or others, any other "functional content" is "additional."

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

The important news is that Sialis has gotten the Premiere Elements 10 Content installed, and it is ready for use.

That was the goal of Sialis, you, I, and all. Mission accomplished.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

That is good news, and discussing the minutiae of the semantics of Adobe’s own references is possibly counter productive to the OP, but then I detect some aggression from you on that matter.

That the “content” was found is excellent.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Specifying the exact name CONTENT on the Premiere Elements disc was very productive in this instance and far from minutiae.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Ah, would that be the CONTENT that is both "additional," and "functional?"

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)