Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PDF maker of English CC subscription does not register on a German OS

Oct 20, 2013 1:48 PM

It is impossible to use the PDF printer that installs along with Acrobat if - like me - you are using an English CC subscription on a German OS.

I install all programs in the English version, however as soon as I use the PDF printer, e.g. from Firefox I get a *German* license warning and am unable to register the application - whereas Acrobat itself works (and registers) just fine.

This happens on a German Windows 7 x64 and I used to think that the problem was that I had a German version of Acrobat installed before. However I now set up a (German) Windows 8.1 test environment and installed Acrobat XI for the first time on this completely fresh system and the exact same thing happens. So I guess there's a fundamental flaw in the licence checking of the PDF printer as it obviously only looks for the system language but not for the Acrobat install language.

I've already had discussions about this issue with Adobe support roughly a year ago where the final suggestion after trying everything was to set up a completely new system. Well I'm glad I didn't do that back then because it doesn't fix the issue at all. So I'm using PDF-Creator since then but I really think I should be able to use the Abobe pdf printer - after all the CC subscription is expensive enough.

Any ideas how to get this to an actual Adobe programmer who can check the bug?

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points