Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Film I'm helping this girl out with is ruined

Oct 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Tags: #prores

I'm doing digital asset management work for this girl's film she shot over the weekend and she didn't realize she had to turn off this setting called "live view mode" on her D-800 camera to shoot and now all her footage has this GUI overlay stuck on top of it.

I tried cropping it to help her but that red box is still on top of everything.

Message was edited by: Th3On3Fr33man-I tried to add images but they're too large apparently.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2013 8:44 PM   in reply to Th3On3Fr33man

Beyond help or anyhing Premiere can do.

You get the job of telling her it's a ...

RESHOOT.

BTW : can see much there worth reshooting either,

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2013 8:49 PM   in reply to Th3On3Fr33man

>anything she could do

Nothing to help with what she has, but she has now learned that you ALWAYS do a test before jumping into a production shoot

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to Th3On3Fr33man

That setting on the Nikon D800 only applies to uncompressed footage recorded from the HDMI port, so it seems you are using footage from an external recorder. Is it possible she had a memory card in the camera when shooting? The D800 will have recorded compressed files without the overlay to either or both of the internal cards.

For maximum resolution when recording to an external device, you're supposed to remove all memory cards, but maybe she messed that up too and forgot to remove them?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Th3On3Fr33man

I have the d800 and ninja 2.  I'm using an ssd in the ninja to get uncompressed stuff from hdmi output as mov with avid codec. Can get pro res if you want.  For pc the avid thing is better ( for me ).

you have to pull out all storage cards ( sd and cf ) to get full 1080 to the ninja. If you leave the sd card in, then it defaults to 720p in the ninja even if you have the d800 set to 1080p.

theres a website that ninja has that gives all the settings to make to use it with the d800... gives screenshots of settings to make in nikon, step by step instructions.

good luck

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to Th3On3Fr33man

The good news is that you have uncompressed footage with lots of color information that you might able to use in a color correction program to reduce or eliminate the overlays/red box, depending on the background, subject, etc. It looks like you tried to post an image in your first post. Would it be possible to try posting that again?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points