Skip navigation
Joey Xoto
Currently Being Moderated

Why does the colour change so much from the preview window to the render window?

Oct 21, 2013 8:08 AM

I am trying to render out a project from Premier Pro CC.

I'm using an iMac 27 inch Late 2013

32 GB Ram

GTX 780M (I believe)

Quad core

3.5ghz processor

The colour from the preview window dramatically changes when I go to render - this is really effecting my workflow as I can't correctly grade my footage. See image attached.http://www.xotoacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-21-at-15.57.36.pnghttp://www.xotoacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-Shot-2013-10-21-at-15.57.36.png

Any advice or help please? It's annoying the hell out of me

Joey

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi Joey Xoto,

Welcome to the forums!

You have selected a half resolution in the program monitor. Please make it full and check if playback resolution is fine or not.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

Please Provide me the source of the clips that have been used in your project.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Please create a new sequence and change the Preview codec to quicktime and Preset to animation then copy and paste the old sequence into the new sequence and check.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

I think the issue is with the MPEG-2 preview files. Try to change the output settings to h.264 and check if you are getting the same results.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

I think this is related to the Mercury playback engine. Pelase go to File>project settings>general and change the renderer to CUDA or software only mode and check..

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

Please check the driver version of your Graphics card. If it is not updated to 5.5.25 then please update it from the  below link and then put MPE in CUDA mode and check. Please clean the media cache from Preferences>media.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:25 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

I have seen a similar problem for years with PP, though not as drastic.  The saturation is always lower in the rendered file.  I think this is more of a quicktime issue, as PC renders don't seem to suffer the same fate.  I routinely bump up the saturation when I render a final output.

I know this doesn't help resolve your problem, but it could be related.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to Joey Xoto

Hi,

Please ttry this step. Go to mac hd>library>quicktime and check if there are any components inside it. If yes, move all of them to the desktop, trash them from quicktime and empty the trash. Then restart your machine and check.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to Joey Xoto

The error is in trying to use a computer monitor and software player for color correction.  You can't do that.  The first step in color correction is making sure that you see the signal accurately, and that means a calibrated TV from hardware.

You need to get the signal off the computer and onto such a display.  Blackmagic and AJA make devices for this purpose.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I am not really sure, but I think the problem could be an issue of QT color space gamma. Apart from that, some graphics cards drivers allow you to set the video preview settings for live preview windows.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points