Skip navigation
sgaren
Currently Being Moderated

Why is InDesign CC freezing while trying to perform various tasks?

Oct 21, 2013 11:53 AM

I am on Windows 7 - 64 bit

Whenever I try to change the doc setup or delete a color swatch, or other various tasks, INDD CC is freezing and then I have to do a control-alt-delete and "end task" - shut it down. Same problem occurs when I re-open the program. Very frustrating - need to get some real work done.

Any ideas?

Sally

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to sgaren

Are you patched to 9.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to sgaren

sgaren wrote:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your question? What is 9.1?

Sally

When you install your program on the first place you get always a version x.0, in your case 9.0. But since then some improvements were added and bugs repaired, so you can upgrade to the latest ”build”, 9.1.

Go to the menu ”About InDesign …” (Windows: Help > …; Mac: InDesign > …

You will see the version you are using. If you see 9.1 you have got the newest version (at the moment). If not, go to yourCreative Cloud Application (normally you will see in the task bar a small icon like a sleeping 8 or like a c and a reversed c for Creative Cloud) and select your programs to update them.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 3:09 AM   in reply to sgaren

From the new file openn the paragraph Styles panel and choose Load All Text Styles from the flyout menu, navigate to the old file and select them all.

What other programs are running (including utilities like anti-virus)? Do you have any non-adobe plugins installed in ID?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 5:28 PM   in reply to sgaren

Page styles? Do you mean Master pages? Those can be loaded from another file using the same method in the Pages Panel.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points