Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore doesn't complete build process of new Blu-Ray

Oct 21, 2013 2:31 PM

Tags: #cs4 #image #rendering #crash #menu #blu-ray #encore #freeze #build

Hello, I'm having some issues with Encore and am hoping someone can help me out. I built a menu for my Blu-Ray project that is pretty simple and am having it not complete the build process while trying to render a menu. I made sure to check for errors before building an image and it said there were none. I really don't know what else to say as everything else is pretty standard. I am using a motion background that is about 8 minutes long with a sound that's about 12 seconds long for my menus. I'm not sure if the audio will keep repeating or just play once, but I'm hoping for the earlier. If not I'm going to have to go loop the audio a bunch of times in SoundBooth then import that. Either way it shouldn't make the build not work.

I tried to uninstall QuickTime, restart my computer, and build again (because I heard other codecs can cause conflicts with encore) which solved one error that was coming up but the build stops while rendering a menu now. I'm using vversion CSI if that matters. I will try and reinstall Encore right now but would love some other input in case that doesn't work. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to SeanPercy42

When an Encore project has had numerous (which for Encore can be only 1 ) errors, simply making a change may not be enough. To test specific possible issues, start a brand new project, with a new name, and use only what you need to test the problem. And in  your case, if you haven't already, I would start the project from scratch. You can import the psd menus.

Either way it shouldn't make the build not work.

I assume that it could make the build not work, particularly if the problem is the menu as you stated.

See this for menu duration and timing issues.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSF49EA5DB-3743-49c2-9831- F66328B192F8.html#WSAC740C6D-83DE-489e-8B15-5A816A3019C7

The short audio will play and stop. The video will probably set the duration of the menu.

the build stops while rendering a menu now.

What happens if you use the "Render Motion Menu" option.

Edit: File -> Render -> Motion Menus.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points