Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

vst3 plugin is not scanned

Oct 21, 2013 1:58 PM

Tags: #plug-ins #audition_cc

going thru classroom in a book for audition cc....on third party effects (page 106)...trying to use the audio plug-in manager for vst plugins...i have found a vst3 plug-in folder on my c drive/programs/adobe/auditioncc folder.  but when i scan it with the plug-in manager nothing appears...help please...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to donb0130

All of the VST plugins located in the Audition program directory are already included in the application under the Effects menu, and will not be shown during a scan.  The Effects > Audio Plug-In Manager tool is used only for scanning third-party plug-ins.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to donb0130

Have you installed additional VST effects on this computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to donb0130

Ah, gotcha.  Audition supports the use of third-party VST, VST3 and AudioUnit (on OS X) plug-in audio effects.  You can find these online or at your local music shop.  There are lots of free plug-ins available online, and while some are absolutely amazing, there are a lot of duds or poorly-written VST effects out there.  Audition will do its best to recognize and blacklist plugins that cause the application to crash.  Audition does not support VSTi which are VST-based virtual synthesizer plug-ins.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points