Skip navigation
cnyman
Currently Being Moderated

it appears my iPhone sync is stuck. suggestions?

Oct 21, 2013 4:24 PM

Tags: #iphone #adobe-revel #subscription_problems

My iPad and MAC are up to date, and i have about 6 days left on my initial 30.  The phone looks like it has the pictures but I keep getting a message that there is a problem with my subscription. or that my import was interupted and i need to try again.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to cnyman

Cindy

Are you closing the app before it has time to sync? If you leave the app open and the phone on, it will complete the sync. If you go to another app or go to standby mode (phone not viewing anything but powered on), then it will only continue to sync for 10 minutes (apple limitation). This is when you get the message that the import was interrupted.  It is possible that you are not giving it enough time to sync before you close it.  If you are getting a message about the subscription, can you tell me the exact message? Your 30 day revel premium has not yet expired.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Pattie F

thank you Pattie,  I have left my phone on for hours.  When I show photos by "added by" my iPad and MAC show 23,479 and my phone actually shows 23,490 - possibly because I have deleted some that were duplicates.  I still am "syncing" continually on the phone.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 4:25 PM   in reply to canyman

You should not be able to add duplicates unless you rotate them or something on a pc and then uploaded them again. I would expect 24000 photos to take a while to sync, but once the thumbnails are loaded, they should open quickly.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to Pattie F

Actually I was deleting duplicates.  I guess I put photos from iPhoto photo stream into my library unnecessarily and revel read them separately. How do I stop the continual sync?

CN

Sent from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to canyman

you can enable or disable auto upload from your camera roll in the settings area.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to Pattie F

Won't that prevent future photos from uploading ?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to canyman

Yes, it will stop the autoupload and then you would have to manually upload. What were you trying to disable?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to canyman

As I see it the library is up to date, but the status bar in syncing is stuck at 5-10%

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 6:13 PM   in reply to canyman

I'm on my last "free" day so I decided to delete and reinstall the app on my phone.  It seemed all was going well.  Within about 2 hrs 19066 photos were added, but it has stayed there for about 4 hours now  

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to canyman

Since it appears you have several emails and revel accounts, I will send you email so we can sort this out.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points