Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Revel Agent says that the PSE12 sycronization is "up-to-date" but many files in my album are missing

Oct 24, 2013 9:11 AM

Tags: #import #adobe-revel #upload_problems

I'm about 18 days into my initial synchronization of a 11,000 file library.   I have about 8,000 of the files in Revel.  Then I noticed the Revel number stopped increasing.  So I tried 1) stopping Revel and restarting, 2) logging off Revel and logging back on, 3) changing the location of my upload folder, 4) ensuring my system time is accurate, 5) rebooting my computer.     Possibly of importance, Revel takes a long time to 'Detect changes'.   Also, the synchronizing has seemed to stop in the past and the troubleshooting I did in the past (i.e. above list) gave the impression that it worked - not anymore. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 8:52 AM   in reply to Red5555

What platform are you using revel on? Did you drag and drop photos in to adoberevel.com, upload from your iphone, or do it another way?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 2:36 PM   in reply to Red5555

You still have a week left of unlimited uploads, so that should not be the issue. After your 30 days is up, you will be limited to 50 uploads a month unless you subscribe to Revel Premium.

I will look into the Elements sync issue and get back to you. Thanks for the updated info.

Can you try adding one new photo to the album in Elements and see if it arrives in Revel or if you get a message? I want to see if it is account related or related to the quantity of uploads, or other.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to Red5555

If you are doing an upload on adoberevel.com and the web page is closed before upload is complete, the upload will stop. I usually upload a smaller batch at a time so I can see completion more often. (usually 1000-2000 at a time if I have a large group). Are you uploading from Elements now or from adoberevel.com?

If you are having issues with dates changing and you are certain, please let me know details and I will report a bug.  It should be using the date the photos were taken and not the date uploaded.

Are any of the files in the elements organizer that you are trying to upload an unsupported file type? (we support video, jpg, and png)

In your statement below, which device and program was used to create the album and upload the 10 photos?

BTW, I did create an Album in the middle of my upload to Revel with about 10 pics.  The album was visible in the Revel app but never populated with pictures.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Red5555

I have asked the Elements group to work with you on this one. They should be responding soon.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to Red5555

Hi Red5555,

Can you please check that in your Elements Organizer catalog, if there are some missing files? That can be checked using Find > Missing Files.

Also, it would be worth checking if sync is happening at all, in say, your First Catalog. To check that, please try renaming a mobile album and say adding one photo to it.

In your Revel account, are there multiple libraries so that it's a possibility that you have marked some of the photos for syncing in the other library?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to Red5555

Hi Ian,

You can get rid of the duplicates both in Elements Organizer as well as Revel using the feature Find> By Visual Searches > Duplicate Photo Search.

Please try that once all your photos from the second account sync completely to Elements Organizer.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 10:41 PM   in reply to Red5555

Glad to know that the duplicates are gone. As for the photomail problem, Please try running Organizer direct from its exe using right click > Run as Admin.

If Photomail still crashes, following steps mentioned here <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1079714> should resolve your issue.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 1:25 AM   in reply to Red5555

Red5555,

I am Vaishali from Elements team. The issue of duplicate media when uploading is really strange. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.

I would like to investigate this issue further. Could you help me with the following information on the same:

1) How many Revel libraries you have in total?

2) Do you have any raw images in your catalog that you might have marked for upload?

Also could you explain me the follwoing snip in your prior messge. Are you trying to upload into same Revel account from two machines simultaneously or you emant pictures mingling between two acocunts?

<snip>

Oh, I just thought of something.  I bet that the second Revel account is updating now because there are 5000 duplicate pictures… its just duplicating them in my other account!   Yep that’s what is happening… its really hard to see because Revel App doesn’t put the duplicate pics side by side… but I can see two duplicates about 4 screens apart. 

SO the first thing I would like help with is if you could find an automated system to get rid of the 5000 duplicate pictures that were created by Revel in the synchronization process.   Then I think we should start again with a fresh account…

</snip>

3) What happens now if you restart your Revel agent?If it still continues to duplicate media, please let me know. I would like to have some logs from your machines to investigate this issue further.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 11:39 PM   in reply to Red5555

Red5555,

Thanks for the information. Could you please tell if we could have a connect session with you. It would be an online meeting where we would like to see the issue on both of your catalogs and try to investigate. The session may be 30-45 minutes long. Let me know if it is feasible for you. It would help us investigate the issue on your machine. Once you confirm the feasibility, I shall send you the details of the meeting through a private message on this forum.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 2:05 AM   in reply to Red5555

Ian,

Is this revel account migrated from ps.com or you had been using it with Elements 11 for Import/Export workflow with Elements 11?Also you are using the same converted catalog in E12 with same revel account?

If that is the case, it might be causing duplicates as Elements 11 only supported import and export workflow to Revel. And converted catalog has the same media which is already there on Revel and due to new design to support the access anywhere functionality, the mapping between the same media is lost between the versions.

If you want to start over again, you can choose any of the following workarounds:

Workaround 1. Reconvert Elements 11 catalog. Empty the Revel library and setup Revel from Elements again.

Workaround 2. In existing Elements 12 catalog, signout from Settings. Go to Sign in dialog once again. Choose to sign in as another user. This takes your catalog back to a state before it started to access Revel. Now Delete media on Revel and signin again with same user so that the process can be started again.

Workaround 3: In Elements, choose to remove duplicates from Find>By visual searches>Duplicate photos. However this is time consuming for large catalogs , so not recommended.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to Red5555

Ian,

Is your revel account migrated from photoshop.com account?

Also you wrote the following in one of your responses above:

Yesterday I have successfully uploaded pictures from PSE12 to Revel by dragging and dropping them onto Revel in a browser.  However, it caused my PSE12 library to increase from 11378 to 15953 files (Revel agent was on in the back ground).  Twice the Revel agent turned itself off during the day.  On the second time I turned it back on it remained in “detecting changes” mode for 8 hours (through the night) and the number of files in PSE12 remained at 15953.  

So now I’m going to continue to add the files to Revel by hand (drag a drop) in batches of about 300.    BTW, the Revel iphone app did register files increase from 8457 to 8757 with the first batch.   I have left the Revel Agent off.  I’ll turn it on when I’m done with all the manual uploads and see if it can sort things out….   Maybe this isn’t a good idea, but I got the impression yesterday it is consuming processor time and not doing much except cause file bloating. 

You said you dragged them to a browser(looks like adoberevel.com) but at the same time you wrote from PSE 12. Are you dragging the same files through adoberevel.com which you also marked from Elements catalog? It might have caused duplicates as you are using two clients to upload same files.

~V

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to Red5555

I installed a fresh PSE 12 and made a premium subscription at revel and installed the new Windows 8 app.

I did some testing with the automatic library and decided to delete it and start with the real thing.

Since I deleted the initial libaray nothing works.

The agent gives me the message that my account is OK, but it isn't.

It does not load my entire Catalog as asked, not does it upload images in albums.

The only way workin is uploading a file on adoberevel.com. The file properly pops up in PSE12.

Is there a way to reset the entire revel account?

Kind regards

MT

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2014 8:22 AM   in reply to Red5555

Hi Ian,

I simply cannot believe what you write.

Is Revel really changing images, without asking us? If for some reason they are fixing or adjusting the size of our images, they should at least tell us.

I used to work at Adobe and definitely knew that they were the good guys. Warnock and Chuck should still be around.

Kind regards

Matthias

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 12:23 AM   in reply to Red5555

HI Ian,

I have written you a private message on this forum for a connect meeting with us. it would help us in investigation of this issue.

Kindly look at it and respond with your availability.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points