Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CC - 3D objects all appear blue. Windows 7

Oct 21, 2013 11:36 PM

ps_blue.jpgps6.jpg

On the left you see the result of making a 3d layer of the hat with a clean install of PhotoshopCC. On the right, exactly the same procedure in CS6.

I'm looking forward to using the Generator features of PhotoshopCC, however this bug is a real showstopper. The objects render correctly, but the preview is always Blue, and I've tried everything to change that.

I have found no reference to this behaviour/bug anyehere on the net.

Please could we have a fix?

Cheers!

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 24, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to Peter Strømberg

Is it possible you've missed the many posts and web pages that suggest updating your display driver from the web site of the maker of your video card?

What video card do you have?  Ideally, choose Help - System info in Photoshop, copy the data, and post it here.  That will identify your hardware, settings, and the date of your display driver.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Peter Strømberg

>> "20110628000000.000000-000"

No, that's at least 2 years out of date.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 24, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to Peter Strømberg

Photoshop places demands on the advanced GPU features of the driver.  Display drivers are generally developed by the graphics companies (e.g., nVidia, ATI, Intel) with a focus on gaming - not professional work - and great strides are occuring in GPU development even to this day.  A display driver is such a complex beast it's hard to imagine they work at all - I'm sure the driver writers have their hands full.  Plus - believe it or not - display drivers sometimes change their behavior depending on what application is running.

Things are being done all the time to both improve the speed and quality of what you see in Photoshop, and I can assure you the code has been changed between Photoshop CS6 and CC.  I know they did something to improve the quality of the way shadows are shown in the 3D previews, for example.  Apparently in your case Photoshop CC tried to do something that wasn't quite supported by the driver, but was fixed in the later release.

Is the reason you can't use the most current release of ATI Catalyst for your GPU (i.e., 13.9) that it's an -M suffix card (mobile?)?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points