Skip navigation
Jooma
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CC is crashing when attempting to select the Mastering effect from the Rack.

Oct 22, 2013 8:00 AM

Tags: #audition #crashes #cc #mastering

Steps: Load audio wave file, from effects rack select Special > Mastering.

Audition Error

Audition has encountered a fatal error and needs to shut down.

This does not happen when selecting other plugins in the same tree.

I did choose the option to import presets from previous version which I suspect might be causing a conflict as I did have custom presets from Audition CS5.5 for Mastering.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2014 8:29 AM   in reply to Jooma

Could be Audition not playing nicely with your hardware.  I had this problem as well.  It went away when I switched my hardware mode from WASAPI to MME.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,615 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2014 3:05 AM   in reply to Jooma

Need to go back a step further than that (especially as that shouldn't make any difference) - are we talking Mac or PC version here?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 8:32 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

For me, I'm talking about the PC version (I don't think those specific hardware options exist on Macs).  All I know is that Mastering would cause Audition to crash without exception until I switched hardware modes and then I never had a problem again after that.  There likely could have been a temporary hardware/driver conflict with some other software using audio channels because I have since (after several system reboots) switched back to WASAPI and do not get the plugin crash now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:37 AM   in reply to Red_Jay

We need to know what the OP's OS is in order to help him not yours I'm afraid. We already know that WASAPI and MME are Windows PC drivers.

But the problem is more likely to be caused by a difference in the Mastering Effect's settings file between CS 5.5 and CC. Perhaps Durin can spot a difference in the XML settings file but I expect that he is tied up at NAMM at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 2:51 PM   in reply to ryclark

I think my first hunch at troubleshooting this would be to rename the preferences folder and relaunch Audition, so that it starts with fresh, clean, non-migrated preferences and see if the crash still occurs.

If so, then the presets and preferences are likely NOT the problem and you can rename your old preferences folder back.  Then we need to do a little more hacking and find out what Audition or the OS thinks is causing the crash.  This will be different depending on the OS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points