Skip navigation
jim divine
Currently Being Moderated

I have been having major problems in basic Illustrator functions

Oct 23, 2013 2:06 AM

It takes minutes to open o a file and a good five minutes to save one. It doesn't matter if it is a tiny file or large one. I have spoken for hours and live chatted with adobe agents, even let them take over my computer to find the fault. All to no avail.

I have been using the programme on mac since version 1

Very frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to jim divine

No one can tell.

Apart from claiming that you have been using Illustrator for a long time there are no relevant informations as to what your problem could be.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to jim divine
    • Delete you mediabrowser.plist:  Users/(YOURNAME)/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.mediabrowser.plis
    • Quit Illustrator. Move /Users/(YOURNAME)/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS6 Settings/ to the desktop. Start Illustrator, if problem fixed then trash the folder on the desktop.
    • Create a new account and logging in under that user. If that works then we know it is one of the other troublesome preferences in your user folder.

If that does not help

Did this happen all at once, or slowly over time? Does this happen if you create a new document using the print.ai document profile? Do you have any unusual applications or 3rd party Illustrator plug Ins.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to jim divine

Did you show the hidden folder from Mike's path list? Since 10.7 the User/<yourname>/Library folder has been hidden by default. See here for details

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-f iles.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points