Skip navigation
jbirdde
Currently Being Moderated

Title interface not working in CS6

Oct 23, 2013 9:57 AM

Tags: #issues #cs6 #titles

Since installing Premiere Pro CS6, I can't create any titles. When I choose Title > New Title > any of the options listed, the titling interface opens, but it keeps churning and won't  let me enter  text, etc. Eventually I have to force quit. Has this happened to anyone else? Titles worked fine for me in CS5.5.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 23, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to jbirdde

Computer DETAILS needed... Windows or Mac, and version... graphics adapter brand/model and driver version... any 3rd party fonts installed... to start with information to help someone help you

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to jbirdde

One of the most common issues with PrPro's Titler is corrupt, or poorly-written fonts. I would look into that, to either solve the issue, or get fonts out of the way early. This article goes into more detail on fonts and Titler (plus some other Adobe programs): http://forums.adobe.com/message/2186476#2186476

Also, John T's request for more info will be helpful, especially if you do not have a font issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:07 AM   in reply to jbirdde

Post a screen shot of what you're seeing in the title window.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to jbirdde

How'd you get the titler and the New Title dialog to be open at the same time.  That's not normal.

What happens when you hit OK in the New Title dialog?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

The Titler is little more than a floating frame containing a particular set of panels. There's no reason you can't leave it open when you're done creating/editing Title A, then eventually go File>New>Title. When you click OK in New Title, the Titler shows the blank slate for Title B, with aspect ratio adjusted if applicable.

Or am I missing some subtlety in your question?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to jbirdde

No need.  Normally the dialog closes when the titler opens.  That it's not suggests something went weird with your install.  Try deactivating, uninstalling, running the Clean Script tool, and then reinstalling.

https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 5:45 PM   in reply to jbirdde

Weird, man.

Try creating a new user account, see how things work there.  (Be sure it's an Admin account.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points