Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver incredibly slow to start since Mavericks

Oct 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Hi,

Since updating to Mavericks (10.9.0 Build 13A603), Dreamweaver CC (13.1 Build 6443) has become incredibly slow to start.

When I look at the log, there is this line:

23/10/2013 17:47:52.426 Dreamweaver[3276]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Proxima Nova Semibold" and got font with PostScript name "ProximaNova-Semibold". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

Which repeats with every font that I have installed on my system. e.g:

23/10/2013 18:49:07.538 Dreamweaver[3629]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Libian SC Regular" and got font with PostScript name "STLibian-SC-Regular". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

23/10/2013 18:49:07.574 Dreamweaver[3629]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "PT Serif Caption" and got font with PostScript name "PTSerif-Caption". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

23/10/2013 18:49:07.576 Dreamweaver[3629]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Helvetica Neue Medium Italic" and got font with PostScript name "HelveticaNeue-MediumItalic". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

After it has finally gone through all of the fonts on my system, Dreamweaver then boots.  Has anyone else seen this or have a fix?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to dean_siteglide

Hello dean_siteglide,

We already have a bug logged to investigate on the performance related messages logged in console for Dreamweaver.

We could not reproduce the issue of slowness. Dreamweaver launch is working without any performance degrade compared to 10.8 even with those messages logged in console.  Can you please provide more information on how long it is taking to load Dreamweaver and what hardware configuration you are running 10.9 on.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to dean_siteglide

Hello Dean,

I tried with a 2011 Macbook Pro laptop with similar configuration.

Before launching Dreamweaver CC I had Photoshop CC, Fireworks CC, Premier Pro CC, Media Encoder CC, Extension Manager CC and Safari running. But still Dreamweaver is launching within reasonable amount of time without any noticeable degradation.

Do you have any sites with large number of files or can you try by clearing/renaming Dreamweaver User Configuration folder(this will lose all user specific data like, extensions, custom keyboard shortcuts, custom Snippets, etc)

User Configuration folder: /Users/<Your Account Name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/

You can contact me on my mail id "yprasad_@_adobe_._com"(igonre the underscores, they are added to avoid spam bots), if required we can meet on a connect session to investigate on the issue.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to dean_siteglide

Hello Dean,

Happy to hear you are not seeing the slowness now.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points