Skip navigation
Linda@CamdenHaven
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS6 crash

Oct 24, 2013 12:47 AM

Flash crashes when I am doing very fine work, such as creating a complex mask with a fine pen. The crash notice states:                         

'FlashPro crash log (9).mdmp'

After I restart Flash (even if I have restarted the computer) the work that I had done has been irreparably damaged. The masks do not function as they look like they should. When playing the animation, holes appear where there are no visible holes in the actual masks.

My operating system is:  windows 7

My computer is: hp laptop model probook 6540b

I am using: Flash Professional CS6

Any advice would be most welcome.

Kind regards

Linda

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

Do any other Adobe apps crash when doing similar things like drawing a mask in the same manner in Photoshop, etc? Crashes can come from so many different places so the first thing you'd typically do is try to isolate the issue. If you're using a stylus (wacom, etc) it could be a driver. It could be metadata being interfered with via anti-malware/spyware/virus. It could be an outdated graphics driver. The laptops memory could be erroring. Etc etc etc.

It has to be narrowed down a bit. Can you test performing the same operations in other Adobe apps if you have them (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, whatever you have).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:18 PM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

I feel your hardware may be interfering but nobody can be certain. I conclude that solely on the fact that other apps crash when performing the same operation.

I am responding on a phone now so I need to keep it brief. If any other apps that are more reliable can be used to make the mask, I'd use that as a work around.

Outside that I'd ask you to make certain your OS and all drivers (especially drawing devices) are up to date.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

Linda;

Even if you're not on a team that uses version control, some tools such as Git and Subversion will allow you to have local repositories. The XFL file format is specifically designed to be optimized for version control, though I'm not sure how successful they really were at acheiving any real benefit.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

I honestly can't get CS6 to crash, even when making some rather crazy complex pen paths. Every time I save, close and reopen the mask is just fine. I can even save, then end the process of Flash (force quit) and when I re-open Flash and the file everything is fine.

I'm hoping an Adobe staff member will come in here and post an email you can send your crash log to. It may contain information they can use to identify the issue so please keep it. You can always contact their support yourself and email the crash log. ( http://www.adobe.com/company/contact.html )

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

There's a help and support link but it ultimately leads here, see if this is more helpful:

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to Linda@CamdenHaven

That's interesting. It's not actually even doing anything besides flattening multiple objects into a single object. I'm using all the same software and it works perfectly fine either way. At that point all I think it could come down to a GPU acceleration issue.

Regardless, glad you found a workaround and can get back to the important stuff. Sorry I couldn't help further. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points