Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

pRTMP packaging workflow and Protected Streaming private key

Oct 24, 2013 9:59 AM

Tags: #prtmp #ams #5.0.3

I would be grateful if someone could explain the pRTMP packaging wofkflow. I went through this link http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/devguide/WSa8864cc5538a74 59-62090543133c7eb00c7-8000.2.3.html but I am unclear if the packaging is done offline by a person or on-demand by the AMS. In the section titled About Protected RTMP, it states:

"Adobe Media Server encrypts on-demand media files and embeds a Adobe Access 3.0 license in the DRM metadata of the content."

The construction of this sentence makes it difficult to reach a definite conclusion. Is the encrypting of media files performed on-demand or are on-demand media files encrypted? Given the fact that pRTMP "supports all the on-demand file formats and codecs that RTMP supports except F4M, RAW, and F4F", and that no offline packaging is mentioned in the article or elsewhere, it seems that AMS is responsible for packaging and encrypting content on the fly. It seems that we cannot use the same packager used for HDS/HLS. Can someone confirm or correct the above statements?

The article mentioned above also states that "Protected RTMP content can be decrypted only by Flash Player and AIR clients that have the Protected Streaming private key." How do the clients get the Protected Streaming private key?

My company is currently testing AMS 5.0.3. We have developed a custom mobile app to deliver video/audio content. We use Flash Builder 4.6. We are currently researching on the best ways to protect content.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points