Skip navigation
kristinbaylis
Currently Being Moderated

Help with Mavericks crashes Photoshop CC & bugs with Illustrator CC?

Oct 24, 2013 8:48 PM

Tags: #photoshop #bugs #illlustrator #mavericks #crashes_upon_launch

Have I missed an update specifically for CC users who have upgraded to Mavericks? Really wishing I had held off on the upgrade to the OS - luckily my CS4 is still compatible with the java update, however had just purchased the CC license, and wanted to use the new apps - now Photoshop CC crashes on launch (havent successfully opened one file in it without having to force quit it) and Illustrator CC bounced for a while then stopped. Randomly five minutes later the app launched. I quit it then re-opened to check for lag again, seemed fine - but then switched between that app and another, then returned to Illustrator CC and took ages for it to open. I am on a 3.4GHz intel core i7 iMac with 16GB memory 1600mhz ddr3, it shouldn't be having any lag problems, and is only a couple months old.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 9:47 PM   in reply to kristinbaylis

If you have a crash, we need to see the crash report to know what is going on.

The Illustrator launch just sounds like something hung for a while - could be an OS issue, or a driver/hardware problem (disks are the most common cause, followed by network servers, printers, scanners, etc.).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 9:48 PM   in reply to kristinbaylis

Hi,

Can you post the crash logs? Also, please go to Help> System Info... and copy/paste that info in your reply.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to kristinbaylis

Hi,

In Finder, Cmd+Shift+G to bring up the Go to Folder path input. Then paste in "~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports" and look for Adobe Photoshop CC...

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to kristinbaylis

Hi,

Make sure you include the ~ in the path. That points to your user directory instead of the root directory.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:46 PM   in reply to kristinbaylis

That's not a crash report, just a hang/freeze report (crashes and freezes are very different things).

What that shows is that Photoshop was waiting for the OS to get some font information - and that can take a while if the OS font cache is corrupted or incomplete (like you just installed the OS).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to kristinbaylis

OK, my guess is that there was a problem in the OS font cache and that letting Photoshop finish it's font list and previews allowed the OS to rebuild the font cache.  20 minutes does seem a bit excessive though. Do you have a lot of additional fonts installed?   (I want to get more info, in case others run into this, or in case we need to follow up with Apple)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points