• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enforcing territorial rights

Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a question about territorial rights and supporting them by ACS.

Is there any way that ACS can help with enforcing something like that?

For example let's say we have a book, which one can only sell in U.S.

Can ACS prevent somehow selling (or opening) this book outside of U.S. or this must be enforced only by some store mechanisms (to not sell it for someone in other country)?

I will appreciate any comment regarding this matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be too late to be any use, but i haven't been on here in a long time

To enforce territorial restrictions at the point of sale, it is the responsibility of your ecommerce platform - you could enforce based on geolocation (perhaps a bit flaky due to proxy usage) or sell it based on the credit card details/address.

You cannot enforce a restriction at the Adobe Content Server level once the content has been delivered to the device - as the content resides locally on the device.

However, you could attempt to add a restriction at the point of fulfilment of the download - i.e. the first time somebody downloads to a device. The acsm file kickstarts a download from a straight http URL to the encrypted content - so you could add some geolocation filtering to requests in Tomcat, or add a reverse proxy in front and do it at that level.

This wouldn't necessarily surface a meaningful error message in ADE/any reader apps - you would return perhaps a 500 error code (or find one more appropriate) - so while it might block a first download occuring out of territory, then it might make the user experience suck even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines