Skip navigation
drae23
Currently Being Moderated

track colors feature

Oct 24, 2013 9:56 PM

how do you activate track colors in audition cs6?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 11:04 PM   in reply to drae23

I believe the track colour feature wasn't implemented (or, rather, re-implemented) until Audition CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 11:28 PM   in reply to drae23

As far as I can see, it's only clip colour in Audition CS6, with "Smart Track and Clip Colour" listed under "What's new in Audition CC". 

However, the Audition Help files (and how they don't always differentiate between CS6 and CC can be very confusing so i'm happy to admit I could be wrong.  FYI, I have both CS6 and CC installed and the controls that exist on CC simply aren't there on CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 11:31 PM   in reply to drae23

That screen grab looks like CC to me...certainly my version of CS6 doesn't have that colour flash at the left hand end of the track and it's controls--and it's the little square at the bottom of the colour flash that gives you track colour control.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 9:28 AM   in reply to Bob Howes

I can confirm that Track colors was a new feature with Audition CC.  I'll check the online documentation to see where any confusion or incorrect information may exist.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to _durin_

Durin,

If you click on "Help" in CS6, you're in effect taken to the CC help files (or, at least, a general help page referring to multiple versions).  There's a "Looking for CS6 help?" link below the search box but it's easy to mix (and, frankly, if you click help in CS6 you expect to be taken to the right place).

Edited to Add for drae23:  The Track Colour facility in CC is excellent--coloured waveforms, a matching colour flash at the left hand end of the track and (most important) the same colour extended to a "flash" on the mixer.  If an upgrade to CC becomes possible for you, I can heartily recommend it (and not just for track colour).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points