Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

after install Mavericks can't open AE anymore

Oct 25, 2013 6:45 AM

Hello everybody, since I install Mavericks I can't open After Effects anymore. Is there someone who has an Idea what could solve the problem?

verry urgent THANKS

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to oliverS

Install the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update for Mac OS X v10.9 (Mavericks):

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1201_Mavericks

Be sure that you are signed in and have activated the software—i.e., ensure that you are not running After Effects in free trial mode. The update will not work if you are running the application in trial mode.

This update is only available as a manual download (not through the Creative Cloud automatic update mechanism) to prevent users on versions of Mac OS X other than v10.9 (Mavericks) from installing it unnecessarily.

Adobe After Effects CS6 (11.0.3) was released a little while ago with this fix, plus fixes for many other crashes and bugs. Details: http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1103

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi, I've done what it has asked me to do. To update it using the link that you have provided.

But when I do so, this pops up.

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.37.18 PM.png

Plus in my creative cloud, my after effects says that it's properly updated.

I doubt that.

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.37.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.38.36 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to zeroxz2010

> Plus in my creative cloud, my after effects says that it's properly updated.

That is not relevant to this update. This update is not part of the Creative Cloud automatic update system.

Also, read the details on the page that I linked you to, especially this part:

"Be sure that you are signed in and have activated the software—i.e., ensure that you are not running After Effects in free trial mode. The update will not work if you are running the application in trial mode. Sign in to Creative Cloud using any Adobe Creative Cloud application on your computer to activate all Adobe Creative Cloud applications on that computer.

Tip: If you’re not using a trial version, but you’re seeing the message that the update is not applicable, try one of these tips to force the application to be recognized as activated: Sign out of and then back in to Creative Cloud to refresh the activation state. Also, launching the After Effects render engine (not the full After Effects application) can refresh the activation; the render engine doesn’t have the crashing problem that the full unpatched application does. Finally, if neither of these works, uninstalling and then re-installing After Effects CC (12.0) can help."

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points