Skip navigation
Bob Hurt
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CS5.5

Oct 25, 2013 11:04 AM

OK.  I currently use Audition CS5.5 and have recently changed computers from a desktop with Windows EXP to a laptop with Windows 8. When I open audition to record, I get an errror message " The sample rate of the audio input and output devices don't match. Audio cannot be recorded until corrected. Use the appropriate operating system or audio device (in this case Tascam US 200 Audio Interface) control panel to adjust the sample rates of input and output devices to use same setting." Since I am roughly one notch above imbecile when dealing with computer literacy, I'm somewhat confused. I'm thinking I need to re-install my audio interface on my laptop, but not really sure. Could someone please help?? Thanks for your time. Bob Hurt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to Bob Hurt

You'll almost certainly need to download the latest Tascam drivers which can be obtained from:  http://tascam.com/product/us-200/downloads/

I'd guess you need version 1.01 for Windows, either the 32 or 64 bit one depending on your Windows.

Download it and double click the download tab--installation should be automatic.

You may well also have to go into the Tascam control panel and tell it what sample rate and bit depth you want to use--right at the bottom of the downloads page I linked to you can also get a copy of the user manual which should help you with this.  Once you've set the Tascam (unless you have specific other needs, I'd suggest sticking to a 44,100 sample rathe and 16 bit bit depth) pop into the Audition set up page (Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware) and make sure it's set to match the Tascam.

Good luck...it's not as daunting as it sounds.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points