Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Insert to Timeline in Premiere Elements 12

Oct 25, 2013 11:06 AM

This feature only allows me to send one video at a time.  Is there a way to send  all of the videos to the timeline?   

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to Michael Stehly

Michael Stehly

Where are you in the Premiere Elements 12?

Are you at Add Menu/ ? If so what next....

You know that you can Add Menu/Files and Folders, select a Folder, and have that Folder imported in Project Assets where you can open the Folder. Or.....

If you drag the Folder to the Timeline, its contents should open there with the individual files in Folder order.

Please focus us in on the details and then we will proceed with specific suggestions.

By the way, what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to Michael Stehly

Is there a way to send  all of the videos to the timeline?  

"Add Media" to "Project Assets" any way you are used to.  Select all or as many as you want in "Project Assets" and drag them as a group to the timeline.  Right clicking on a single clip to "Insert in Timeline" is useful to put a clip where the CTI is, but not for a collection of clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to Michael Stehly

Michael Stehly

I just figured out where you are in the program and what you are doing. All other information is not applicable to your specific question regarding "Insert to Timeline" feature. Your "Insert to Timeline" was the give away that made me keeping searching and trying to understand what you sought.

No. That appears to be a one at a time deal in Premiere Elements 12 Windows when it comes to using "Insert to Timeline" as per your specific question. Check out the screenshots.

When you have selected one file in Project Assets

Untitled-1.jpg

Then you get the option that you cited "Insert to Timeline".

But if you highlight/select more than one file in Project Assets, you do not get that option

Untitled-2.jpg

Please review. We can talk about alternatives if you supply a bit more information about the details of the situation that has led you to the "Insert to Timeline" command. But at this point, with the appropriate circumstances, you should be able to place your Timeline Indicator to the appropriate location on the Timeline, in Project Assets highlight the files that you want "to insert to the Timeline", and then drag them to the left of the Timeline Indicator (which appears to be the placement choice for the "Insert to Timeline" feature when the Timeline Indicator is not at 00;00;00;00).

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 4:43 AM   in reply to Michael Stehly

The simplest way is what ATR mentions, to drag from the Project Assets into the timeline. Another way is to drag from the Windows explorer directly into timeline. Go to the folder where the media is placed, drag the complete folder if you want and place it on the timeline. Even that works! Don't know when this feature was added, I remember this did not work in earlier versions (PrE8, I think)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to VDOSurfer

VDOSurfer

About your mention of dragging media from Windows Explorer into the opened project media area....

Yesterday a user presented with problems with the Add Media dialog after initiating the Add Media route.

As a troubleshooting aid, I suggested looking at the approach of cascading the windows and dragging a file into the open project media from the desktop. That worked. But, we got the pleasant surprise that, after that, the Add Media and its Add Media dialog worked.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5792629#5792629

For me, this drag and drop method for file import works in versions of Premiere Elements later than version 8.0/8.0.1.

Any idea what we could have triggered to get lillianstreet's regular Add Media/Add Media dialog to start working after we did a successful drag drop of the media?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Michael Stehly

Michael Stehly

Apparently your reply to VDOSurfer did not get through...you have a no message post 6.

Please try again.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 3:47 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I am not sure what could have caused this. But if the regular import route started working after importing directly, I guess it could be either Premiere Elements was trying to read from a connected media (Windows explorer window shows the connected media as well) and failing or the layouts within preferences could have got corrupt. A successful import later, this all started working fine.

Was something else connected to lillianstreet's machine and then removed? If so, connecting it back will reintroduce the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to VDOSurfer

VDOSurfer

Thanks for your perspective on this the issue that was presented.

In reply to your question

Was something else connected to lillianstreet's machine and then removed? If so, connecting it back will reintroduce the problem.

Nothing was mentioned, but hopefully lillianstreet will see our posts and fill in the detail on that.

Thanks again for the follow up. Appreciated.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points