Skip navigation
turbocat8
Currently Being Moderated

How to queue multiple clips?

Oct 26, 2013 9:50 AM

Tags: #export_clips #queue_clips

Hello,

I am trying to Queue multiple clips from Adobe Premier Pro to Adobe Media Encoder. Is there a faster way to Queue multiple clips than having having to select each one individually and then clicking on FILE > EXPORT > MEDIA > QUEUE ?

Please advise.

Thank you!

AG

[Thread title changed for clarity.]

Message edited by Jim Simon

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2013 4:56 PM   in reply to turbocat8

You can queue multiple sequences to AME by dragging and dropping from PPRO's Project panel to AME's Queue, or to a preset or user preset group in the Preset Browser. However, that workflow does not work for clips.

One method that might work for you is to import the clips into AME

The best news is that the impending update will give you exactly what you're asking for. From the Other New Features section of this blog post: "Multiple clips and sequences can be sent to Adobe Media Encoder at once"

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 1:53 AM   in reply to turbocat8

The new feature supporting export of multiple clips or sequences is not out yet. It's coming in an update to be released soon. And I'm afraid it will take an additional set of steps per clip in your case because the Source Range setting defaults to Entire Clip. To  encode only the trimmed range, you'll need to open the Export Settings dialog from AME's queue and set Source Range to Clip In/Out.

As I noted, the drag and drop workflow serves only for sequences, not clips.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points