Skip navigation
Drabula
Currently Being Moderated

update not applicable

Oct 25, 2013 8:12 PM

I have my macbook pro Retina newly with OS X malverick and cannot install the affte effects it continues going out for me the message of is not compatible I firstly tape-worm the update of mac, then install after and I cannot activate it

Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to Drabula

Are you using a free trial version of After Effects CC (12.0)?

This update will only work if you are signed in, using an activated version of After Effects CC (12.0), as explained here:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1201_Mavericks

"Be sure that you are signed in and have activated the software—i.e., ensure that you are not running After Effects in free trial mode. The update will not work if you are running the application in trial mode. Sign in to Creative Cloud using any Adobe Creative Cloud application on your computer to activate all Adobe Creative Cloud applications on that computer."

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to Drabula

If you’re not using a trial version, but you’re seeing the message that the update is not applicable, try one of these tips to force the application to be recognized as activated: Sign out of and then back in to Creative Cloud to refresh the activation state. Also, launching the After Effects render engine (not the full After Effects application) can refresh the activation; the render engine doesn’t have the crashing problem that the full unpatched application does. Finally, if neither of these works, uninstalling and then re-installing After Effects CC (12.0) can help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Dear Todd,

I have tried all of your tips. And also own a macbook pro retina. I have the exact same problem as Drabula, and also a few co-workers are experiencing the same problem. Also when I go to the Creative Cloud application and try to search for a update for After effects CC it says it's up to date. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem fast? I am currently not located at home and cannot access my iMac so I'm pretty stuck with my project that's due tuesday...

Please! Help me!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to RAV1995

> Also when I go to the Creative Cloud application and try to search for a update for After effects CC it says it's up to date.

This update is only available as a manual download (not through the automatic Creative Cloud update mechanism).

> I am currently not located at home and cannot access my iMac so I'm pretty stuck with my project that's due tuesday...

Why would you update to a new operating system in the middle of a project that's due soon?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I ran the automatic updater and didn't pay attention, I didn't notice it was installing Mavericks. But why is the download only available manually? Why not through the handy Creative Cloud application?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to RAV1995

The After Effects CC (12.1) update, due out this week, will be available through the Creative Cloud application. It also adds compatibility for Mavericks, along with many other changes. This update will work for the trial version, too. Details: http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

The After Effects CC (12.0.1) update was a rapidly released update to do nothing but fix a single crash on Mavericks. There was no point in releasing this fix for all users of After Effects, since it was just a one-week stop-gap for one version of one operating system. This rapid release was necessary because we did not get adequate warning about when Mavericks was being released.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Do you know the exact date of the release since it's 28 october now. Great thanks so far though.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to Drabula

As we have said before, After Effects CC (12.1) will be released in October:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)