Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for a new toy to help your editing workflow?  Try this!

Oct 25, 2013 10:29 PM

Tags: #hardware #mouse #logitech #mice #programmable_mouse #programmable_mice

I recently ditched my simple 2-button + scroll wheel mouse for a mouse on steroids: the Logitech G700.  What a difference!  It has 11 customizable functions that can be automatically activated depending on the program you're in!  So you can have a completely unique set of functions for Premiere, Photoshop, AE, Windows, etc, and each set will automatically/instantly be activated whenever that specific program/interface is the active one!

Here are my 2 layouts to give you some ideas:

Premiere Pro Layout:

Logitech G700 Mouse.jpg

Windows Layout:

Logitech G700 Mouse (Windows profile).jpg

You can even assign multi-step macros to keys.  For example, I set one of the keys to: Deselect clips + Add Default Video Transition.  So now, a single keypress will always apply my default video transition to the CTI, even if any clips were selected, just the way it worked in CS6 and I wanted it to keep working in CC!

If you're looking for a simple inexpensive way to improve your editing work, I highly recommend getting a programmable mouse like this one!  If anyone has any other hardware devices that help their workflow, please share so that we can all benefit from the knowledge.

Cheers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

a single keypress will always apply my default video transition to the CTI

See, much easier than Adobe rewriting code.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

I don't think that I could remember all of the functions of the buttons, especially if different for different applications.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

I am in the market for a new PC for my wife, and she will be inheriting the keyboard and mouse I am using now so I can get new ones. She picked these out to begin with since we were sharing a computer for a while so she will be happy with them.

That looks like a really great mouse. I may just have to take your advice on this one.

Although the newer version looks even cooler: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-Rechargeable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00B FOEY3Y/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

My wife would HATE that mouse, but since she will finally have her own again, I can get any mouse I want.

Very cool. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

I recently bought a wall mount bracket from Monoprice.com (which I can recommend for their high quality, ease of installation, and low price).

So, of course, now I get advertising from them. Well, I haven't bought my new mouse and monitors yet, and I saw this on their page. I think the pricing and selection might interest anyone reading this thread:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 7:33 PM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Killing time today while I wait for feedback on an edit I am doing  here in NZ for an Australian client.

Work...wait...work..wait...work ...wait...play the guitar...wait...work.....

I decided to buy  and install the Logitech G700S.

Programmed   a few  of the buttons to my Premiere Pro shortcuts (including some with modifiers).

Works great..if you need any excuse Steven.

FWIW...its a solid and heavy mouse.  This takes a little getting used to.

It would be useless and impossible for a lefty.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points