Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

\-shortcut on a AZERTY-keyboard Mac

Oct 26, 2013 4:41 AM

Tags: #shortcut #azerty #backslash #lightroom5

In Belgium (where I’m living) and in France and in a lot of other European countries, we don’t have a QWERTY-keyboard like in the US. We use AZERTY, and on that type of keyboard, on a Mac, it’s very difficult to form a backslash, to switch between the original of the photo and the edit you’re working on. You need 3 keys at once to use it!

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to radzinski22

No problem at all, the extra information helps!

You'll need a plain text editor to save a .txt file- TextWrangler is a freebie in the App Store which works great.  http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/  Or in TextEdit, go to Format menu > Make Plain Text and then it'll let you save it as a plain text file. 

You'll need to look at one of the language files to find the right line to copy into the empty TranslatedStrings.txt file.  I'm sure your French is better than mine!  I think the line you need is "$$$/AgDevelop/Menu/View/BeforeAfter/Before/Key=Shift+s" - replacing the French shortcut Shift+s in that line with your chosen new shortcut.  Paste that into the TranslatedStrings.txt file, save it in the right location, then open Lightroom and hopefully you'll find your new shortcut works.

Since you're on a Mac, the alternative is to use the OS System Preferences > Keyboard settings to assign a custom shortcut.  Try the TranslatedStrings bit first though, since we've got this far and I know that works!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points