Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way of creating a template using fluid grids??

Oct 26, 2013 7:22 AM

I'm working on a new site and am now starting to really try and organise everything properly so what i want to do is create a master page to work from for universal elements.  I understand that it's not a master page as such, i've read that you need to create a template and link to that but i can't see how to do this with a fluid grid layout.

Is there any way of using fluid grids, keeping a "master page" to link to and NOT have to redo all the work i've done so far???

Thank you for any help in advance =]

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Mahunkhal

Throughly read F1 Help about DW Templates to gain understanding about how they work.

1. Make your FluidGrid prototype page.  Check it in all browsers and when you're completely satisfied with how it looks and performs SaveAs Template.dwt file.
    2. Add Editable Regions for things that will change from page to page.  Save and close template.
    3. Go to File > New page from template.  Hit Create button.
    4. This new file is a child page.  SaveAs index.html (your home page) or some other file name.
    5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for your other site pages.
    6. Re-open template and add links to your navigation menus.
    7. Save Template and populate changes to child pages.
    8. Preview child pages in browsers before you upload them to your remote server.
    9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 anytime you make changes to your main template.dwt file.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points