Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fomer Sound Forge user with Q about using arrow keys keys to select audio

Oct 26, 2013 11:01 AM

I am transitioning from Sound Forge 8 to CS6.  In Sound Forge, you can select audio in the editing window by inserting the cursor and pressing the left or right arrow key while holding the shift key down.  If I try this in CS6 no selection is made.  I much prefer the arrow key technique to clicking and dragging the mouse.  Is there a way to do this in CS6 WAV editor?  (I am familiar with setting in and out points to select and area without clicking and dragging, but it's pretty clunky compared to the shift-arrow method of selection I want to duplicate)

Thanks

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,591 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to Alan in LA

I'm not surprised it doesn't work - Audition isn't Sound Forgery!

By defaut, Audition uses the Windows standard convention for cut and paste - Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, but I'm assuming you know that. If you are really desperate though, you can alter the keystrokes in the Keyboard Shortcuts. Why a Windows user would ever want to do this is beyond me, though. If you're a Mac user, then I don't know what happens.

For the selection itself (i.e. what you actually asked about...) it's Ctrl+Shift plus either arrow. It's worth looking at the Keyboard Shortcuts menu anyway - that way you get to see the bewildering array of other editing possibilities!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2013 3:00 PM   in reply to Alan in LA

As Steve said the default is Ctrl+Shift+L or R arrow, moving the Out point to the left or right. Shift+ arrow keys by default move the In point to the left or right But you can easily swap them round in the Keyboard Shorcuts menu.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points