Skip navigation
GiGiCrew
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 12 support 64 bit Windows 8?

Oct 27, 2013 5:56 AM

Does PSE 12 support 64 bit Windows 8.  Note promo material trumpets support of 64 bit Mac but appears silent on Windows.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to GiGiCrew

Hi,

64-bit support for PSE12 is MAC only feature. On Windows, it's still 32-bit.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Is that the reason I cannot install PSE 12 on windows 8, 64 bit?. I spent hours yesterday with Adobe support and they finally said it was a Microsoft problem. The retail box just mentions Windows 8 and not 64 or 32 bit. It will not instal on my laptop for sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to rbrit2

Although PSE is not 64 bits, it should run just fine. You can run 32 bit programs in 64 bit windows. I've been running PSE 10 and later in win 7/64 bits since PSE 11 came out.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Darn, I was hoping that was the problem. Adobe supprt was looking for " .net.framwork" in my program files. It was not listed so the had me try to download it from Microsoft. When I tried to download net.framwork.4.5 I received a message that it was part of the OS already  so it could not be installed on my computor.  At that point Adobe support said it was a Microsoft problem. This was on a month old computor. Sounds like a change was made  between win 7 & 8  that might cause a problem. Has anyone installed PSE12 from a disk onto win8??

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

I have Windows 8.1 and I have installed/run PSE 11 & now PSE 12. I installed from a download but it should be the same.

The Net framework code should be installed with Windows updates - have you applied all the updates?

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to Little_Pale_Face

I found the framework at  Control Panel /  programs and features / turn windows features on or off. I have all updates. I just tried copying disk to a folder on harddrive and install  from there without the disk. Same result at very end of install. Get error 1935 and program rolls back. Maybe something wrong with my OS.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 1:46 PM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

The error 1935 usually means there is a conflict with something else that is running - you could try this.

First off, restart your system.

Then try stopping the windows update service. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services (or use the search charm). Right click on Windows Updates and select Stop.

Now disable any antivirus that you have running.

Try the installation again.

Turn back on the antivirus and start the windows update again.

Good luck

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 2:41 PM   in reply to Little_Pale_Face

no good.  the same error message came up as soon as desktop icon showes. The installation bar shows almost complete installation.The full error message is as follows:  Error1935.    an error occured during the installation of assembly componet. {97f81af1-0e47-dc99-a01f-c8b3b9a1e18e}    HRESULT:0x8007371b. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the exact error message.

Regards,

Anushree

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to Anushree Dixit

here it is. Had to google on  how to capture it . ha. Click ok then install rolls backCapture.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 10:18 PM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

It seems like some update are pending on your machine.Can you please try to finish the pending updates and then  restarting the machine.

After the restart please try to install PSe12 again and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Anushree

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to Anushree Dixit

I checked Windows update in control panel. there were no updates available. There were no hidden ones either?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

Sorry I have been back earlier - had other things to do.

You may like to look at this MS document - it gives an Mr Fixit which I have found are usually quite good.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652/en-gb

Then try the install again.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 4:11 PM   in reply to Little_Pale_Face

Finally works.  Ended up going to Settings/Change PC settings/General/Refresh PC without affecting files.  This was after consulting with paid support that ended up saying I had to reinstall windows after about 3 hours  of trying different things. I tried the Refresh option instead  and it worked!!!  I have to reinstall a few programs but the majority of my information is still there. Did not have to use my Recovery Disk either.  Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 2:02 AM   in reply to rbrit2

Hi,

I'm glad that you have finally cracked it - it was certainly looking like a windows problem.

It's also good to know that the refresh works well. I nearly had to refresh my system after I did the Windows 8.1 update and some things stopped working. Microsoft eventually issued 3 repairs which got me working again.

Good luck

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points