Skip navigation
WF7983
Currently Being Moderated

Saving issues in Flash cs5.5

Oct 27, 2013 9:25 AM

Tags: #save #saving #flash_cs5.5 #error_message #flash_5.5_won't_save_but_it_does #come_on_guys_toonboom_doesn't_give_me_these_issues_death_stare

Hi there,

I've been having an inconvenient issue with Flash 5.5 since I've started using it.  I'll be working in a file - usually on the large size, but nothing insane - and I'll go to save, and Flash won't let me.  (It gives some sort of error message stating it's unable to save.)  So I try saving a new version - nope, same error message. 

Then, I close out flash, unable to save anything, and I go to open my file again - oh look!  There it is, saved just fine.  And there's the new verison I saved, also fine. 

Usually I end up working in the new version, but as the file gets larger, this tends to happen almost every save which - having worked in broadcast animation for 9+ years - is something I've been conditioned to do every couple of minutes on average.  Which means every couple of minutes, I have to save a new version, wait, close out flash, re-open flash, find the new file...It's a realy pain, and I'd like to fix it.  Is there a patch I can download, or another solution?

Thanks in advance.

-A

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 12:41 AM   in reply to WF7983

If you don`t already yuse the xfl file format instead of the fla, try this.

If possible dont use network drives for saving.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points