Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I upgraded to Mavericks; Can't access Premiere Pro CC

Oct 27, 2013 11:56 AM

Tags: #premiere #crash #apple #issues #cloud #mavericks #mavericks_compatibility

I suppose, in the middle of a project, I got a little excited when Apple released Mavericks and upgraded straight away without prior thought to the possible interuptions of workflow.

I can't open Premiere since I've upgraded to Mavericks. I downloaded the 7.0.1 update today, I thought this would rectify my situtation - unfortunetly not. After reading other posts I uninstalled the application and reinstalled - did nothing. It's still the same issue. It worked perfectly before I upgraded, I'm in the middle of a project.

I really need to have it finished by Thursday.

I've tried accessing the program via other applications. I can't access After Effects or Prelude either. I don't use these as much as Premiere but, as it stands.. I'm paying for an almost void set of tools. I know it's a bug and it'll get fixed in time.. but this is urgent!

Everytime I open the application, I get the splash page and then an error report.

I've seen other people post something similar to this, I don't know if this is actually help to anybody but this is how the error message begins: Adobe Premiere Pro CC [10296]

Please, somebody.. help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to JakN62

You may need to contact Adobe (this is a user to user forum, not Adobe support)

Help for Download & Install & Setup & Activation http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Next link has a "Chat Now" button near the bottom

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivat ion-products.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to JakN62

This thread concerns a problem that sounds similar: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5792109?tstart=0#5792109

If you are hitting the exact same issue, then a workaround that has succeeded for some users: change the system language to American English, reboot the machine and then try launching PPro. I'm not sure whether it's also necessary to change the Region to U.S.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Ok after many updates, hours on the phone and multiple language changes ive SOLVED the crash on startup issue.

For me the fix is to change the system region to ‘United States Computer’ And Pref Language to ‘English'

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 11.36.13 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 9:01 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I have English as my preferred languages and I have United states as region , but Premier Pro CC doesn't work with mavericks.

If I open a new project and try to import any file the import window open but it's disappears before I can do any thing. after that If I go to file or any menu like sequence, edit all the functions are grey and don't allow me to do any thing.

I uninstall and re-install Premier Pro CC but, nothing happen

any advice will be appreciated

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to delioleon

Make sure it's English, not U.S. English that you change it to.

Also disable any third-party plugins to see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 9:21 PM   in reply to delioleon

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2014 3:24 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

That happend to me as well and i resolved it by updating JAVA SE 6. It looks like when you update to Mavericks it disables JAVA so, programs like Adobe don't work. You can download it from Apple page: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US

It worked for me

I hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2014 7:05 AM   in reply to thydda

I've tried resetting my region and language and installing the Java  update, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro (and deleted preferences). I still can't even open the application -- every time it tries to launch it shows the splash image and then fails after a few seconds. Has anyone else found a solution to open the programme on Mavericks?

Thanks to everyone on this page for their suggestions

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2014 7:19 AM   in reply to vco_se11

The only solution that works for me was to create a new user and re-install the application in my case I re-install the creative cloud with all the application.

Good luck!

Delio

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2014 11:56 AM   in reply to delioleon

I don't know if this will help anyone but I have finally got it running. Adobe support was only sending me another tiny step to try every 36 hours or so -- I've lost a whole week trying to sort this out.

I had reinstalled the application many times by using the Uninstall application in the Premiere Pro folder in Applications (and then installing it through Creative Cloud in the menu bar). This gave an option to remove preferences, so I believed it was doing a clean install.

Adobe's advice was to run disk preferences and repair permissions, and enable the root user and uninstall/reinstall the programme. None of that helped. But while waiting to hear back from Adobe I decided to scour my /Library and ~/Library folder for any trace of Premiere Pro. I removed a number of old files related to older versions of Premiere and that seems to have solved the problem.

I don't know exactly which step solved the issue, or even whether it will keep running, but I have set my region back to the UK and I seem able to run the software again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points