Skip navigation
purposeofparables
Currently Being Moderated

Can't burn CD in CS6

Oct 27, 2013 4:08 PM

In CS6, when I click the "Burn Audio To CD" button, the dialogue box has the OK button grayed out. It shows the correct CD/DVD drive, but I  can’t launch the action. I am using an HP Envy 700-010xt with Windows 8.1 OS and CDR media. The CD/DVD burns perfectly in all other Applications (iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc.) I am using CS6 version 5.02 Build 7.  What can I do to fix this…CD burning in CS6 is critical! Thx,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 30, 2013 8:50 AM   in reply to purposeofparables

10/30/2013   I get this Problem too. Sometimes it sees the Blank Disc. And other Times it doesn't. I am using the same Version as the one you have too. Let me know if you find out anything about how to Fix this.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Oct 30, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to KBeeWhyAreDee

Because this is an individual issue, and clearly hardware-related, you either need developer comment, or preferrably to phone the Adobe chat line, and get them to talk you through the issue directly, because often this is complicated by settings within your OS.

The only general comment I can make is that you should both make sure that you have Administrator rights when you use Audition - not having these can make weird things happen sometimes.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to purposeofparables

I used another Brand of Blank CD and that was what was going on with my problem. It was able to see the more Expensive Brand of Blank CD.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Dec 5, 2013 3:13 AM   in reply to KBeeWhyAreDee

In this case, your problem is simply a lack of reflectivity from the cheaper discs - not that rare. But it also means that your CD drive isn't exactly making a lot of effort... you might need to replace it soon, as it sounds as though the laser isn't working too well.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

This is a Brand Spanking New Laptop (I only had it for 2 Weeks)---->Toshiba Satellite. It is not the Hardware. It is the Software or as you call it Cheap Quality Disc with lack of Reflectivity.Thank You for Helping me out.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Dec 5, 2013 5:49 AM   in reply to KBeeWhyAreDee

KBeeWhyAreDee wrote:

This is a Brand Spanking New Laptop (I only had it for 2 Weeks)---->Toshiba Satellite. It is not the Hardware.

Sorry, I didn't realise that everything brand new has to work properly... Silly me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points