Skip navigation
MidlandScreen
Currently Being Moderated

Questions on a Audio Only Blu Ray w/slideshow

Oct 27, 2013 4:22 PM

I'm a professional mastering engineer our company is going to release it's first Surround project on Blu Ray it's going to be a Classical music piece. Need some direction on a few things in Encore CS6.

The audio files are going to be processed through DTS-HD MA at 5.0 24/96 resolution/lossless, I have toyed with Encore on the authoring end but I'd rather find a good layout to follow so it can be as easy as possible, below are some of the questions I have if anybody can point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

I have 19 tracks in the project and also a slideshow that has to follow the chapter/track stops so they coincide with the music so let's say track 1 has three photos then track 2 might have what would be the best way to do this, a slideshow and run the music in duration with the slideshow ? or put the photos in a timeline and adjust them to the tracks there?

What would be the best way to import the audio would it be one big file (it's a little over an hour long) or split the file into tracks which would make 19 files for each track. (using the DTS suite this is relatively easy)

Does Encore need a video to process the blue ray properly or what i intend to do inside the spec of blu ray?

How do you end the timeline is there an end marker like you have in audio when you end the album or is there a different way?

I have a ton more questions but these are the most important. If anybody has a better method or has done something like this before please respond.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to MidlandScreen

Encore has too many issues with slideshows: create the slideshow (i.e. it will have no manual advance options) separately, and time it there.

That also makes your question about a no video bluray moot.

A timeline has an end action, so not a marker as such. You just set the end action.

If Neil Wilkes does not respond to the audio issues here, search this forum for his posts.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points