Skip navigation
KTZ716
Currently Being Moderated

Very Choppy Video in Adobe Premiere 11

Oct 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Tags: #help #adobe #audio #elements #import #choppy #11 #failure #premiere_elements_11

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 11, I also own a Lenovo laptop (not sure of the model off-hand). I recently took some videos from another computer, transferring them to my 16gb SD card to my laptop. I do have Windows 8. They are Quick Time Movie (.MOV) video files, no longer than a minute long each. I tried putting on clip the Editor by adding it to the Organizer first and dropping it in the slideshow. Every time I press play the audio plays perfect, however, the video clips and lags and ends up not only being unseeable, but also ends out of sync with the audio (from what I can barely see in the video). I've tried even rendering the video before and after imorting it. Nothing I do works, am I missing a step? Or some trick? I was very excited about getting to use this program...but now I'm stuck editing videos on my sad pre-installed video-editing software...What do I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to KTZ716

KTZ716

I know first hand that Premiere Elements 11 does work well on my Lenovo laptop which had Windows 8 and now has Windows 8.1. Premiere Elements 12 is another story for another time.

Let us go through the drill.

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the laptop along with Premiere Elements 11? What are your computer resources?

2. What are the properties of these .mov files. MOV is just the file extension. What is the video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio. What brand/model camera did these .mov files come from?

3. If you have not already, import the video into the project by way of the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace (with a project preset set by you or the program to match the properties of your source media). When you do that, a copy of the file is automatically placed in the Elements Organizer 11. Not Elements Organizer, first.

The keys are:

1. Know the properties of your source media? Use a MediaInfo properties readout if you do not know. Work from an optimized computer.

2. Set the project preset to match the properties of your source media.

3. Then import your file with Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets. If you are using the SD card, are you using Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive?

4. Do you have an orange line over that Timeline, if so stop and report back.

Let us start here and decide what next. Details are important.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 7:17 PM   in reply to KTZ716

KTZ716

Thanks for the additional information. Based on what you wrote:

1. Set your Premiere Elements 11 project preset manually (for now, just to make sure it gets done correctly). Based on the properties of the source media that you described, the project preset should be:

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD LITE 720p25

To set the project preset manually

a. Open a new project

b. Go to the File Menu/New/Project

c. In the New Project dialog, set the project preset to

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD LITE 720p25

d. Before you exit the New Project dialog, make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

e. Then back in the Premiere Elements 11 workspace, import your 720p25 file into the project via Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag your 720p25 to the Expert workspace Timeline.

Do not bother importing the 720p25 into the Elements Organizer 11 first. Let it get into the Elements Organizer 11 automatically when the 720p25 is imported into Premiere Elements workspace.

There should be no orange line over the Timeline content. (Note: I am not referring to the orange line that runs horizontally across the middle of the Timeline content. That is called the rubberband and typically represents the video Opacity.)

Key to project preset phase of the workflow is to set it to match the properties of your source media. There is only one project preset per project. Consequently if you have a mix of source media each with different properties, then the moment of deciding on priorities pops up.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points