Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

in elements 10 audio and video tracks loaded but appear to be blank

Oct 27, 2013 7:58 PM

running windows 7 with elements premiere 10... i have my audio and video loaded in the session but the tracks, 2 video with audio and one audio only track, appear to have no info. they play, but i cant see the wave file image.  i need to see the file and be able to zoom in so i can line it up for syncing.  i had at least the audio showing up at first, but somehow that seemed to disappear now? how do i fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2013 9:27 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadworld4804

The wave representation that you seek is in the pek file of the cfa and pek set for the audio. Did you let your audio go to completion for audio conforming before starting any work on the project?

But, I am suspecting something else which is easy to remedy and hope this is it.

1. Look to the left where it says track name, Audio 1, to see a speaker icon. You can toggle that to get 2 different "Audio Track Display Styles"

audio2.JPG

and

audio1.JPG

Please let us know if that was the issue, that is, the toggle choice for the "Audio Track Display Style".

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadworld4804

Could you post a screenshot of your Premiere Elements 10 Timeline tracks setup and what you are seeing or not seeing with regard to what is displaying on the opened video and audio tracks.

When audio is imported, it typically goes through a conforming process (to 32 bit floating point) whose progress you can see in a progress bar that appears and disappears usually at the bottom of the workspace. In this process, cfa and pek files are automatically generated. The pek file relates to the wave form that you should be seeing in the audio track content (with the appropriate toggle for the display style).

Note: check out right clicking the file in the Project Media, selecting Properties, and looking at

Source Audio Format

versus

Project Audio Format

If the screenshot is not possible, I will ask for further details for each of the tracks involved.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 3:51 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadworld4804

Sometimes starting a new project is the answer. But that is hard to take if a lot of work is invested in the project.

Congratulations on your troubleshooting and the great results. Often that "dinking around" leads to a great learning experience.

That was really great news "it's working now". Keep a close watch on the steps that you take in recreating the project just in case this issue pops up again. Easier to get at those whys.

Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points