Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Buzzing sound when scrubbing audio in timeline

Oct 28, 2013 9:55 AM

Tags: #audio #bug #sound #glitch #streaming #stream #timeline #scrubbing #noise #buzzing #flashcc #flash_cc

Hello there!

I have an ear-tickling problem for you!

When I scrub streaming audio in my timeline, a buzzing sound occurs and it wont stop until I close Flash.

I cannot hear the streaming audio in the background and the sound doesn't change if I scub other FLAs or timeline positions.

I know it's isolated to Flash because other programs' sound continues to play fine and the buzzing stops only when closing the entire Flash program (not just the open project).

Here's what I'm running:

Adobe Flash Professional CC

Version 13.0.1.808

OSX

Version 10.9

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro5,1

Processor Name:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Help me Adobe Wan Kenobi!  You're my only hope!

--Victor

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 9:50 PM   in reply to victoranimation

The buzzing sound issue was reported by some users on OSX 10.8 too, so I dont think this is entirely specific to OSX 10.9. However this should be fixed in the next update that will be coming soon.

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to SujaiS

Do you know when this will be resolved?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:24 AM   in reply to Daydream Education

We are working on this on high priority. Should have the update out soon.

Will post on this thread once we are live.

Thanks

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to SujaiS

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:30 AM   in reply to SujaiS

Sujai that would be very helpful because I have a deadline this friday! Do you also have a temporary solution so I can work further on the project?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 6:38 AM   in reply to somedion

Well there is no workaround on mavericks - OSX 10.9. You will not notice this in OSX 0.7 and OSX 10.8 - if that is an option for you.

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to victoranimation

I am having the same EXACT problem on my MacBook Pro 2010. Hope this fix happens quickly. Good luck on your deadline. I have deadline looming as well.

This is the danger of updating OSX too soon, without setting up a bootable copy of the previous OS. I blame myself for not doing that.

-Mzega

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to victoranimation

I have the exact same problem with CC in both OS X 10.8 and 10.9. This makes Flash unusable in our work flow and is simply inexcusable that a product could ship this like this. Adobe should provide and temporary license for CS 6 (which does not have this problem to those of us who have a CC subscription , until they can ship a usable product)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to David Marcoot

I have this too on CC. I opened up my project in Flash 6 and it does not have the buzzing sound. So that might be a temporary fix if you have another version installed.

Good Luck

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 5:34 PM   in reply to victoranimation

I have this same exact issue and cannot use flash until it's fixed!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 11:42 PM   in reply to victoranimation

If you have a Flash Pro CC subscription Flash Pro CS6 will also be available to you on creative cloud. You can do the following in that case

1) Go to https://creative.adobe.com/

2) Go to the download center link

3) Choose the product Flash Professional

4) Below the "In this version" label there is a dropdown for choosing either Flash Pro CC or Flash Pro CS6. Choose the product that you need and click on the download button to download.

Thanks,

Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to SujaiS

This is a real problem in my current animation workflow, which relies heavily on scrubbing streamed Flash Pro CC Timeline Audio. With many deadlines, looming regular updates on the status of this fix would be appreciated. I am temporarily moving to Flash Pro CS6, but I notice it has rendered a couple of items differently (particularly where gradients are involved) so I would feel better working in the tool I have been developing in for months. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to victoranimation

I have the exact same problem with CC in 10.9 too.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to eldes.com

Same here. Man that's a horrible sound.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to spinlight

Any word on when they are fixing it? My trial is going to run out before the dang software works boooo

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to paulruda

I understand how you feel. I am working in CS6 now, which is okay, but it's taking some getting used to again. A step backwards.

One of the things that's disconcerting to me is that Adobe, like any other dev, had Mavericks for MONTHS of testing. And yet there's still this issue.

This is the kind non-compatibility issue thing that got Adobe in trouble with Apple in the first place. And still no viable fix days later and no real indication of WHEN it will be fixed. With the whole ridiculous CC (temporarily rent your premium software now) thing I expect a lot more attention to detail than what I've seen in this situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to threebrain2003

No word at all. "Soon" is very unspecific. And that was days ago.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to spinlight

Yes, as thought my entire animation class. It killed a full day of class for me. And set me back on my mid-term assignment.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to SujaiS

You said this wasn't Mavericks specific but now you say that there is a workaround for 10.8 We are paying a lot of money for your new "awesome" service(??? )and you are giving us no information about when this will be fixed.

I'm so mad at Adobe right now. I lost 8 hours today(probably have to work in CS6 which is causing tens of different problems since i'm working on illustrator and photoshop CC) which will effect my utilization rate very badly. This issue has been around for a while and you stil say we are working on this. SO my question is what happened all of your good coders who could at least make the audio file work?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 10:51 PM   in reply to victoranimation

I'm sure someone is working on this problem, but seriously, this is really to starting to affect people's workflow. Can any information be put out there besides "We're working on it"? I would be more patient but a bug fix was released today and it did nothing to correct the audio buzzing problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to SujaiS

This is happening in Flash CC with both MacOS 10.8 and 10.9 on two different iMacs.

Muting sounds from the Commands Menu allows me to scrub through without triggering the bug, but dosen't turn off the buzz after it's started.

Flash 6 appears to the only viable workaround at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to SujaiS

Having same issue, but not just with scubbing. Just trying to play a 16-bit, 44.1KHz, stereo AIFF sound added as a keyframe on the main timeline. No matter set as Streaming or Event, buzzing starts as soon as I hit Play, and won't stop until I quit Flash. The Mute Sounds command does not stop the buzzing.

This is a show stopper. Please post a patch SOON!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 8:29 AM   in reply to aaronlyon

I don't think this is only affecting sounds placed in frames or streaming. I'm getting this when I simply preview a sound in my library. I have to quit Flash to stop the buzzing.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to victoranimation

No fix yet?!??

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 4:49 AM   in reply to victoranimation

It's November 25 and there's still no fix to the sound issue with Flash CC. It doesn't appear Adobe is in a hurry to fix this problem.

As a side note, I also have Sonic Fire Pro installed on my Mac running OS X 10.9. When I upgraded to the 10.9 it broke Sonic Fire Pro where you wouldn't hear any sound. They released verion 10.8 to fix the problem. Point is, it could be an OS problem. Maybe Adobe should contact them to see how they resolved the issue.

This is a snippet from Adobe support web site, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/mac-os-mavericks-compatabili ty.html

"When you scrub streaming audio in your timeline in Adobe Flash Pro CC, a buzzing sound occurs and requires you to close Flash. A workaround is in process and Adobe plans to release it soon."

The only temporary fix is to use CS6 of Flash Pro. Of course projects saved in CC probably won't open in CS6.

~Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to victoranimation

I have the same issue; this is no good. Hope to hear of an update soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to victoranimation

Same issue here. Please Adobe, we need a fix!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 1:21 AM   in reply to Bfaubion

The new update(Flash Pro CC release - November 2013) that has a fix for this issue is now available to you. This Flash CC update will update your flash version to 13.1.0.217.

You can update from the Adobe Creative Cloud application or from Flash Pro CC Help -> Updates menu.

You will more information on the update at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/whats-new.html

Thanks,

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 5:04 AM   in reply to SujaiS

Has it really fixed the saving thing, as one of the animators on our team is still having this issue and he is using Flash 13.1.0.217.

Can this fix be verified?

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 5:13 AM   in reply to genoden

Hi Genoden, This thread is for the buzzing sound issue on OSX 10.9 on scrubbing timeline? Are you still seeing this with the new update or is this some other issue?

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 5:17 AM   in reply to SujaiS

I was lead to this thread from here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5796732 in regards to the saving.

I assumed it's something of a joint issue.

As to platform, excuse me for not reading it properly, but this is happening on Windows 7 in our office.

I need to establish if it's happening with other members of the animation team, but it does seem a bit bothersome when we are saving locally and then replacing on the server only to find nothing has changed to the files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:27 AM   in reply to genoden

Hey, there's no fix. How utterly irresponsible of them to put out flash with no streaming sound—and it's been like 6 months and the problem is still not fixed! You'll have to revert to flash 6 or something.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:34 AM   in reply to threebrain2003

Sound problem has been fixed, and I'm not experiencing this problem. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2013 with Mavericks installed. I never experienced the saving issue so I can't confirm if that ahs been fixed also.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:50 AM   in reply to g.erdem

oh wow really?? so when you scrub on the timeline over a streaming sound it doesn't buzz-crash your flash?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:51 AM   in reply to threebrain2003

not anymore. I think It's been fixed like 4 months ago.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:54 AM   in reply to g.erdem

nah. I kept downloading the updates and it still does it. I'll try again but I'll believe it when I see it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 9:56 AM   in reply to threebrain2003

Well, I don't really care if you trust me or not. I was trying to help you. Do whatever you want.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points