Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

image jerk in mts

Oct 28, 2013 11:16 AM

Tags: #jerky_video #premiere_elememts #export_mpeg

I'm working with Premiere Elements 9.0.1 in HD1080i, export in MPEG2 1920x1080i 25 (in standard configuration). I've a picture (still image.png 4080x4080) with a linear movement. In the .mts file there are some few "jerks" during this movement : when looking more closely, it appears that at each frame the picture moves regularly (7 pixels for instance), then for one frame doesn't move, then for the next one moves twice ( 14 pixels), which gives the "jerk" when looking the video. This is only in the .mts file, is repetitive (exactly the same for a new export) but not regular (e.g. not linked with the speed of movement - and for some movements it's perfectly OK). I've just noticed that jerks appears more frequently at a multiple of 12 frames : could be in relation with the GOP ?

What could be done ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 1:50 PM   in reply to duduche_1024

duduche_1024

I am going to ask for clarification on this one.

You appear to have a Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Timeline which contains at least one still .png 4080 x 4080 image. How many of them, one?

What is your project preset for this project?

For now, I will assume that you are working on some version of Windows. If you is Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, then your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is running as a 32 bit application in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system and as such have all the resource limitations of 32 bit. If Windows 32 bit, the Premiere Elements is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit system with the resource limitations of 32 bit. Bottom line: what is the rationale behind introducing a grossly oversized png (4080 x 4080 pixels) into a project whose export will result in a 1920 x 1080 file?

Besides oversized, we are talking different aspect ratios.

Reminder, Premiere Elements 9 and earlier blocks the import of images beyond a certain huge size. Just because the program permits import up to that defined limit does not mean you should under the circumstances.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/624979

So, I am asking for more details to make sure that I am not misinterpreting your issue. A just in case note...thinking in terms of 4:3 and 16:9, for SD the suggested not to exceed is 1000 x 750 pixels and for HD 2200 x 1238 pixels.

Rather than "GOP", I am thinking more in terms of computer resource, image sizing, and project settings. Consider lowering the pixel dimensions of the png(s) and determining the impact on your issue.

Looking forward to further details.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...please check the file extension of your Premiere Elements export. Premiere Elements does not export a file with a file extension of .mts. It does with .m2t.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to duduche_1024

duduche_1024

Please check out the following to see if I am interpreting your question correctly.

Are you doing your keyframing of the map in the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Properties Palette/Motion Panel Expanded with the keyframes shown as per the screenshot?

MapKeyframing.JPG

When you mentioned 300 down, I am assuming that was the Position reading to the right in the Motion Panel expanded.

The icon circled in red gains you access to the keyframe display to the right.

After you hit toggle animation (Timeline Indicator at 00;00;00;00, manual keyframes can subsequently be made by clicking on the diamond between the right and left pointing triangles at the Postion Level.

00;00;00;00 first Position Keyframe at 969.3, 155.9, Linear Temporal Interpolation was removed.

about 00;00;01;15 Position Keyframe at 969.3, 155.9 Manual, Right Click keyframe, Temporal Interpolation, Bezier.

about 00;00;02:00 Position Keyframe at 969.3, 300 Manual, Right Click keyframe, Temporal Interpolation, Bezier.

Render Timeline.

Export Share/Computer/MPEG2 1920 x 1080i25 as per your requirement.

Does the above give you better, same, or worse results.

I road tested it at pre and post Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Share/Computer/MPEG with preset MPEG2 1920 x 1080i25 as you have been using. All look smooth.

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 7:25 AM   in reply to duduche_1024

duduche_1024

Thanks for the follow up and the good news that you have worked out the keyframing of the position property details to give you acceptable movement of your map. Good job.

Continued success with your projects.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to duduche_1024

Please do not start a new topic. The background in this thread are vital to our continuing to work with you.

Meantime---

First, I'd recommend you reduce that photo size to 2000x1500 pixels. You'll get less of the jiggliness because it will be closer to the resolution of the video (which is 1920x1080).

Then, ensure that your project settings are set for 1920x1080. You can check this under the Edit menu.

If your project is not set up for 1920x1080, you'll need to restart your project. Version 9 does not let you change project settings mid-project. When you start a new project, be sure to select a project preset like Full AVCHD 1920x1080.

Finally, right-click on your photo on your timeline and select Field Options, and set your Field Options for Flicker Removal.

Then, just for good measure, right-click on the photo again on your timeline and make sure the Frame Blending is checked.

As for your output, what do you plan to use your output for? To burn a BluRay disc? To post to Youtube? To use in another project? Your final use will determine what the best output option is -- and certainly may NOT be AVCHD M2T.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 9:46 AM   in reply to duduche_1024

Because it depends on what you're using it for and how you're viewing it.

AVCHD M2T files are interlaced, and are not going to look good when viewed on a computer or displayed on YouTube.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points