Skip navigation
Drockblvd
Currently Being Moderated

AE CC on Mavericks Will Not Open Even After 12.0.1 Patch

Oct 28, 2013 2:00 PM

Im having an issue getting AE CC launching on the new Mavericks operating system. Im using a 2010 MacBook Pro.

The error message I am recieving is " After Effects warning: Could not rename the file ' /Users/derek/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/ 12.0/Workspaces.459.1407352681807521.xml' to 'Workspaces.xml'. I then receive an unexpected failure during startup message.

I have seen similar posts on this issue involving changing the permissions to the preferences folder and deleting the preferences folder and letting AE repopulate after launch. None of which has worked.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Drockblvd

What you are describing is certainly a problem with permissions set for that file.

Set the permissions for the entire /Users/derek/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/12.0/  folder to be writable.

If that doesn't work, then uninstall After Effects (being certain to choose the option to remove all preferences) and then reinstall it.

This messup of permissions happens when Mac OS doesn't correctly preserve permissions of various folder when you upgrade an operating system, rather than installing the new operating system fresh.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Same problem.

There's no 'Users Library' in Mavericks anymore.

The preferences are only in /Library.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 4:53 AM   in reply to adobe1313

I didn't notice there was an invisible Library folder in users. My bad.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points