Skip navigation
jbonetwo
Currently Being Moderated

Changing fla/swf to pan and zoom

Oct 28, 2013 2:52 PM

I want to eliminate the top and bottom black border of an existing fla/swf file without using scaling options in dreamweaver.

I've had limited succes with pan/scan options in video converters with which the borders are eliminated but the quality degrades significantly.

I'm told I have to use flash to do this effectively but have absolutely no experience with it. Can someone break it down for me please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to jbonetwo

Is the black border part of the Flash file, or are you seeing the background color behind the Flash file? How are you inserting the Flash .swf into the HTML? Are you using Flash's publish settings or Dreamweaver, or something else? Can you show us the HTML?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 4:37 AM   in reply to jbonetwo

It looks like, from this HTML, that your Flash movie is 1256 pixels wide by 484 pixels tall. Is this true?

At the top of the HTML, the css declaration is setting the size of the div "apDiv1" to be 1256 by 485 pixels. If you change that to match the movie 1256 by 484, does that change the black border in any way?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to jbonetwo

That's a completely different problem. There are several options in the HTML that you can change to, probably, get what you want.

In the HTML that is inside the <div> tags, you can change the width and height values to 100%. That will allow the .swf to fill the div based on the CSS values for the width and height of the div.

See if that gives you want you want.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points