Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color picker not working in Premiere CC running 10.9 Mavericks

Oct 29, 2013 3:25 AM

Tags: #color #premiere #creative #picker #cloud

Im not able to use the color picker for text and even the color picker for ultra keys. When i want to select a color i want to use the cursor change to a text cursor. Please help asap. Thanks !!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to Atishnags

I am having the same problem.  Color picker not working in any of the Premiere Pro CC effects - fast color correction, keying, fill in Title creation.  I'm running Maverick as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to MarkdeC

Color picker is working fine for me on 10.9. I tested with both released versions of CC (7.0 and 7.0.1) as well as with the latest development build. So more info would help to nail down a reproducible case.

Let's start with basic system info, especially graphics card--make, model, and driver version. Also, is GPU acceleration enabled (if so, please retest with Mercury Playback switched to software only).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 11:18 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Thanks for your help.

Macbook Pro - 2010  3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MNz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB  Mercurfy Playback software only.  I've been running CS6 since release without problem and Premiere Pro CC since August.  Use the color eyedropper a lot for color correction and titling without problem.  Upgraded to Maverick end of last week and now problem occurs with picker.  System seems to freeze when I click on my selected color sample.  But if I just go to a preset color option, keys and color fill work fine.  System doesn't like the eyedropper.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to Atishnags

There is a known issue where the Color Picker is not working correctly with OS 10.9 with certain system configurations. We're working with Apple to determine the cause.

One possible solution is creating a New User account.

Thanks for providing your system info, I will pass this along.

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Peter,

If this information is helpful, the Color Picker seems to be working fine with Premiere Pro CS6 but not with Premiere Pro CC.  Both versions are running on same system I described previously.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Hi I'm having the same issue.  I'm on the newest MacBook Pro Retina and updated with Mavericks and the latest Premiere CC update released today.  Eyedropper does not work in any of the plugins. When I try to use it by clicking on it and trying to choose a color the eyedropper wigs out and starts flashing, without saving the color you picked.  It freezes up the screen.  I push Esc and that releases the freeze up, but then another bug happens, where when I try to move text in the title tool, it moves in the tool, but not in the timeline.  I have to restart the program to fix the error.  I'm really surprised this big of a bug could be overlooked in the latest update.  Basically renders color correction plugings almost useless. 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:09 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Peter,

My earlier post that Premiere CS6 was working fine with Mavericks was incorrect.  The color picker works fine in both CS6 and CC when I keep the Premiere edit windows on the internal monitor of my Macbook Pro, but when I move the windows to my larger dual monitor it stops working.  The program doesn't like the second monitor.

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 1:41 AM   in reply to petergaraway

I am also having this problem with eyedropper tool in Photoshop CC.

System Info:

iMac 27-inch, Late 2012, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB,16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Please advise how I may be able to fix this.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to Atishnags

I'm having the same trouble with a multipul monitor setup.  I think it's also happening in Photoshop and the title tool in Premiere is also playing up.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 10:31 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I have the same Problem new MAC OS Premier Pro CC or Premier Pro CS6 both have an issue with the Title Tool. If you open the title tool and try to make color changes or change size of the font it sticks at the default color and default font. SOmetimes the title tool will work and then when I exit it's back to the default first type location, default font and default color. Sometimes it will not even let me exit the Title Tool.

Please help I have Projects I'm working on Deadlines and I pay a monthly Fee for Software that works and it's not working.

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro5,1

Processor Name:          6-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:          2.4 GHz

Number of Processors:          2

Total Number of Cores:          12

L2 Cache (per Core):          256 KB

L3 Cache (per Processor):          12 MB

Memory:          16 GB

Software  OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 3:07 AM   in reply to repentordie

What has worked for me has been moving the playback monitor to the external monitor.  I therefore don't use my computer screen as a full screen playback monitor. For some reason I'm now able to open any eye dropper tool and have it work properly.  The text problem is linked to the same issue.  Don't go full screen output in playback settings.  The moment you do, you'll need to restart Premier.  This issue has magically gone away by itself after I started doing it like this.  I actually forgot about the problem until I saw the latest post here.  After trying this for awhile, test out the full screen playback and see if eye dropper works. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 4:46 AM   in reply to Atishnags

I found the solution for my problem.  It was the new multipule monitor setup in OSX Maverick.  If you go to Mission Control and turn it off (Displays Have Separate Spaces), all be comes well.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to colblimp

Thanks for the advice.  I've only used mission control as overview of system.  Could you be a little more specific on how you turned "it" off?  Not sure what process steps to take or what "it" is.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to Atishnags

Goto> System Prefs>Mission Control.

Un-tick "Displays Have Separate Spaces"

Logout or Re-boot.

My monitors were then back to pre Maverick use.  This means a Program can be seen on two monitors i.e. Half on one and half on the other.

Eye dropper then worked!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to colblimp

On a few quick tests, your Mission Control solution seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for the help!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points