Skip navigation
Pokie8021
Currently Being Moderated

The plugin could not complete because of an unknown error

Oct 29, 2013 5:18 AM

Tags: #cs4 #illustrator #problem #error #tool

I keep getting this error message ever since yesterday using AI CS4. On Friday it was working fine, opened it up yesterday and this happened. It happens when I select certain tools such as rectangle (or any shape tool), magic wand and you cannot use the tool. Happens also with both new documents and existing files -  Once the error pops up, you click ok and it pops up again...and again, every time you move the curser (only way I've found to stop that is to move the curser up to the top of the page and press enter then select a different tool. How do I get rid of this and get my tools working again?

Thanks in Advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to Pokie8021

Pokie,

For sudden strange cases, you may look at this general list (5) is hardly relevant in this case):

You may try the following (you may have tried/done some of them already) and see whether it helps (the following is a general list of things you may try when the issue is not in a specific file; 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt preferences):

1) Close down Illy and open again;

2) Restart the computer (you may do that up to 3 times);

3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

4) Move the folder Other options (follow the link with that name) with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible);

5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (follow the link with that name, Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy, Item 15) applies to CC, CS6, and maybe CS5);

Even more seriously, you may:

6) Uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool if you have CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC, and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2013 1:43 AM   in reply to Pokie8021

You are welcome, Podie.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status