Skip navigation
NoMagnolia
Currently Being Moderated

Weird Erase tool bug in CC?

Oct 29, 2013 5:40 AM

Tags: #bug #cc #erase_tool

Several times recently, I've encountered an odd bug in Photoshop CC where the only tool it will let me use is the Eraser. Selecting other tools either with keyboard shortcuts or via toolbars has no effect, even though the relevant icon is highlighted, and the eraser works "completely" (eg, if I try selecting the Move tool and moving a layer with arrow keys, nothing happens.... as you'd expect if you *wanted* to be in eraser mode). The only fix I can find when this happens is to close PS entirely and restart, at which point it works like it should. Anyone else had this happen? It hasn't happened enough yet to discern any pattern, but if I can figure out what combination of actions causes it to happen I'll post back here.

System is a Win7 x64 laptop, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro K5010M, Wacom tablet (latest drivers with all) running Photoshop CC 14.1.2 x64.

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Oct 29, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to NoMagnolia

Hello, how using the eraser, the one at the back of the stylus, or do you click on the tool, or use the shortcut?

Are you only using the stylus? or the trackpad. In that case is the stylus away from the tablet.

Could you write down the version of the tablet driver that is currently installed?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Oct 29, 2013 5:57 AM   in reply to NoMagnolia

Is the stylus close to the tablet, or not, when this happens? did you try with another one, if you have several?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Oct 29, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to NoMagnolia

Yes, but my gut feeling is that the tablet "thinks" that you are using the other side of the stylus...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points