• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Entry Box Always On Top Captivate 7

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Captivate 7 slide that has nine text entry boxes all grouped together.

I've used advanced actions to show another group contained within my slide but when the second group is opened it sits beneath the text entry boxes (see screen grab).

Is the most efficient way to prevent this to hide the text entry boxes when I show the second group and subsequently show them again when the second group is hidden?

My project is going to be published using HTML5 output.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my question.

textField.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the second group contain?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A photo and an image button sitting on top of a white smart shape that has its opacity set to 85% to obscure the main screen content that is behind. This is what is shown in the screen grab. The text entry boxes are the white boxes that can be seen at the bottom right of the image.

The image button hides the group when it is clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the timeline. I guess the TEB is above the 2nd group. It should be below the 2nd group.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second group is the top layer in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange. Can you just cut the 2nd group and paste it again, without changing anything else?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can cut and paste the second group, however if I do this it loses it's name and then the advanced actions need to be re-written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of the timeline and of the advanced action you are using. Which event is triggering that action?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri, here is the advanced action that is triggered when a hotspot (click1) on the main slide is clicked. The second line to hide the text_entry_fields group is what I've added to solve the problem but I'd be happoer if this particular line wasn't necessary.

hiderugby.png

Here is the timeline:

timeline.png

Once the rugbyPop is closed by clicking Button_153 this advanced action is triggered:

hiderug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources